• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Boyfriends aren't always.....

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
just a worthless POS.

Gee, did that sound obvious that I'm the father of daughters.

Anyway, my wife just told me my youngest called from college and her bf bought her a set of golf clubs. Forget that I've been trying without success to get either of the girls interested for years, this is good news for me.

If she sticks with it, her birthday present in June will be lessons and then maybe I'll get to have some of the father, daughter golf days I've hoped for.

Who knows, maybe I won't have to kill this one. :p

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Yah... Call in a tee time, for you, your little angel and the scum bag that is trying to get in her pants. Sounds like a blast, unless you accidentally shank one while he is standing to your right.

A mere decade (or so) ago I was a college-aged suitor. I remember it very well and can say unequivically that they are all POSes, and motives are always wrong. Hook him up with Rs "minuzo and a cow" deal and take the pressure off of your princess. ;)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
How old's your daughter, D? ;)

I'm 5'10, about 183lbs. I like golfing, treating ladies like fine china, and buying their fathers golf clubs. Walks on the beach after a nice picnic are perfect.

I also like sheep. :canadafla

R35

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
She's too young for you, but you can still buy me some clubs if you want.

I thinking about a new driver and a second hybrid. I'll let you know the specifics after I get a chance to demo. :miz:

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Hey... I know how delicate the sensibilities of fathers can be. I am one. "Trying..." We'll leave it at that, right Dave?

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
bdcrowe said:
Hey... I know how delicate the sensibilities of fathers can be. I am one. "Trying..." We'll leave it at that, right Dave?

Exactly, a dad can dream huh?

I figure once they're off to college we enter the period of life known as don't ask, don't tell. At this point, I'm just hoping she ends up liking golf.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
Too young? She's in college, right?

R35

"TOO YOUNG" Translation: Keep away from cow molester at all cost. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
DaveE said:
"TOO YOUNG" Translation: Keep away from cow molester at all cost. :D

That's no way to talk about your daughter, Dave.

Shame on you. ;)

R35

Quentin

How U Doin'?
Aug 27, 2004
What father would want their daughter to date an Internet forum geek? Those qualities aren't high on my list for my daughters bf's (many years from now). ;)

~QQ

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Like the chick at Supercuts said to me after ignoring me for the better part of a haircut and then finding out I was a software developer: "Oh... Geeks are cool these days. I'll bet you make LOTS of money." She then proceeded to hit on me for the remainder of the haircut. Transparent. Gold digger. But a single me would have still done her.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.