• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Brag Brag Brag

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I have to say this. Sorry but this doesn't happen that often. I'm playing a short 268 yard par 4 hitting into a 15-20 mph wind and it's about 55º F out. I hit my drive straight down the middle and was 3 yards short of driving the green. If there wouldn't have been a wind and/or it would have been warmer I'd have been over it. I'm so proud!!

And my long broom putter was deadly today also. I made two 20' putts for par today and was getting the rest of the long putts right there for tap ins. Shot 46 on the nine I played. Not great but I'll take it.

:thumbs up::cool::faintthud:

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I have to say this. Sorry but this doesn't happen that often. I'm playing a short 268 yard par 4 hitting into a 15-20 mph wind and it's about 55º F out. I hit my drive straight down the middle and was 3 yards short of driving the green. If there wouldn't have been a wind and/or it would have been warmer I'd have been over it. I'm so proud!!

And my long broom putter was deadly today also. I made two 20' putts for par today and was getting the rest of the long putts right there for tap ins. Shot 46 on the nine I played. Not great but I'll take it.

:thumbs up::cool::faintthud:

I think we need to check your driver to see if it's conforming. Did you have the face shaved on that Cally?! Hahahaha, just kidding. Nice poke!

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Today I absolutely stunk. The driver didn't even feel familiar. Oh well....

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
I'd like to take a brief moment to brag here. Finally had a decent day for golf here in I-dee-ho yesterday...got up to 70, but the wind was blowing pretty good.

#1 Handicap hole on the course. I've maybe birdied the sucker 2-3 times in 10 years of playing there...normally a bogey hole for me.

Anyhoo, hit a solid drive maybe 260 or so into the wind, on the right side of the fairway...left me about 120 to the hole. Wind had died a little bit, so it seemed like a perfect PW shot for my game/distance. Just as I was about to take my back swing, wind gusts came up...grumble, grumble, grumble...walk back to the cart to get 9i. Can't be short on this hole, as it's guarded by a bunker.

Get back to ball, wind had died again...grumble, grumble...pick the PW up again (least I was smart enough to leave it at the ball). Took a practice swing, and again addressed the ball....yup, you guessed it...wind came back up. "F*ck this, I'm just going to hit the 9i no matter what this time".

Hit it perfect...beautiful high shot, and watched the wind hold it up...knew it was going to be a decent shot...but didn't expect it to jar in the hole for an Eagle! (only my second).

Just gets me to thinking that yes, while it was a quality skilled shot...there sure was a lot of luck involved.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Nice WBL. While we are in the mood my last two rounds have been 76, 77 in competitive play off the tips. So while not shooting the lights out, it is the first signs that my hip is now fixed. Aside from a minor limp (barely noticable) and about 85% power, I'm now competing again, 5 months on. Only problem now is short game, so much rust to scrub off. But I'm enthusiastic and happy to put the work in.

So for all those who may face surgery soon or in the future, there is hope. If you are prepared to work at the rehab, the golf shouldn't suffer too much.
IG

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Nice! That's good to hear IG. I would be tickle pink to post those kind of numbers in a competitive round right now. I for damn sure don't have any rounds to brag about this year. Been playing terrible...and I have less than a month to prepare for a big tournament.

phatheadaf

Jul 20, 2008
Kudos all around... sounds like you boys were swinging it well, but the rounds didn't translate out that way. Grats on the great holes!

A.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I did it again on that same hole. 3 yards short of driving the green. No wind this time so it probably wasn't as good but I've got this hole's number!!

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
And today I've done it again (3 yards short of driving the green and birdie) for the third time in a row on this same hole!! I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone or something.... I was hitting my irons right on the pin also. Got an 84 today. Not bad for an old geyser.

Correction. I had a bad day after the first time so this is 3 out 4 times on this hole.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Yes... I did it again. 4 out of 5 times I've birdied this hole after hitting my drive 3 yards short of the green (again). I've chipped very well on it which has helped get the tap in birdies.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Today I DROVE THE GREEN! 268 yards! Long eagle putt. Missed that. Easy birdie putt. Missed that. Three putt par. But I drove the green. :p:1898_:

🔥 Latest posts