• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Brainwashed employees...

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Low paying or not... I'm sure the person is working because they NEED the job for their livelyhood. No way in hell I'd stick my neck out for a customer at my job.

OP
T

tailStrike

May 4, 2008
Nobody risked their job. You guys are so lame. Have fun doing whatever you're told all your lives.

OP
T

tailStrike

May 4, 2008
Wait a second, so now you are criticizing them for something they did do in the manner for which you thought they should???
Could you rephrase this? I haven't the slightest clue what your asking.
This now just seems as some rant against people who work for corporations and don't have the same convenience to tell their corporations and supervisors to go F' themselves simply because it doesn't make sense to you. I didn't say it was a Rolex, that was my whole point. That and the fact that they are forced to make a decision and intrust their job in someone they don't know on the assumption that they are being a completely honest and hardworking person. For which on here you seemed unwilling to mention the fact that they did finally give in.
I really don't get where this entrusting their job stuff comes in. And I thought that I plainly stated that I received the battery.
So in response to that, I would simply say that maybe they were simply more observant than you give them credit in being able to read your character in your deception. Personally based on the information you provided in your initial post, they seemed to be ahead in the game.
What are you even talking about? Read my character in my deception? What deception?

Seems to me this is your way of saying this is all a matter of you needing to be treated like a King in Walmart because you spend a lot of money there, and the peasants that work there don't have the financial means to tell there employer to go F' themselves when they don't cater to your specific needs.
I hardly expect to be treated like a king. I do expect a reasonable amount of customer service. Please don't accuse me of being an elitist. I am of a very modest upbringing and this argument has nothing to do with the amount of income of the employees. My point is not that I should have been treated differently, it's that everyone should receive better service than we all currently settle for while spending our hard earned cash. That and we should use our brains when "following policy" or what other people instruct us to do in general. You ever hear this story:
ABC News: Late Shift Leads to Strip Search
Yeah, that is my rant, I really hate it when someone trys to make an argument and tries to get people to back them, yet don't provide all the facts. Is this some method to make you simply feel better about yourself???

edit - Maybe they were trying to figure out why you were putting a $5 battery in a $10 watch, yet you seem to think it is worth them risking their job for your $10 watch.
I'm not getting anyone to try and back me. I could care less if some faceless jerk on the other end of a computer likes my opinions. And this "risking their job" crap is just over the top and ridiculous. That's the point of bringing up the $10 watch. Why create such a fuss opening the back of it in the first place? Anyways, I've had enough. You guys win. I'm satan.

Skiddlydiddly

Jul 17, 2007
Why can't you just admit that you were in the wrong?

You made unreasonable demands and put the employee in a difficult situation. (she breaks policy to help you, she could lose her job. She refuses to break policy for an unreasonable customer who then complains about her, she could lose her job). And yes, she could lose her job for any or no reason. I've been in similar situations. I now work for, and belong to, a union. :)

"...everyone should receive better service than we all currently settle for..."

You're settling for it when you choose to shop at Walmart.

OP
T

tailStrike

May 4, 2008
I am not the one wearing a $10 watch. Love the attitude though. Good luck living below the poverty line.

What happened to defending the poor employees that would not be able to eat if they lost their jobs, you hypocritical prick? Now you poke fun at those they don't have a lot. Poetic irony.

OP
T

tailStrike

May 4, 2008
Why can't you just admit that you were in the wrong?

You made unreasonable demands and put the employee in a difficult situation. (she breaks policy to help you, she could lose her job. She refuses to break policy for an unreasonable customer who then complains about her, she could lose her job). And yes, she could lose her job for any or no reason. I've been in similar situations. I now work for, and belong to, a union. :)

"...everyone should receive better service than we all currently settle for..."

You're settling for it when you choose to shop at Walmart.
Very true. Best thing the consumer can do is just not shop the store. I won't admit I'm wrong, because I believe that rules are established to accomplish a goal or prevent something from happening. I believe if you accomplish the rules intent through some other means, then it negates the necessity of said rule. In other words, in this stupid watch example that we've all gotten so worked up about, the policy was to prevent the store from performing actions that could make them liable for damage of property. By me stating that I would not hold them responsible for said damage, that left no reason to follow the rule.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Alright ladies, calm down.

Here's the skinny.

I worked at Wal-Mart. (Put down the tomatoes and listen, dorks.)

I worked in the maintenance department, cleaning up puke and cat litter, pushing carts and plunging toilets. I then moved up to the Electronics department, and worked for a time in Sporting Goods and Seasonal. I even worked as a cashier up at the front and took the brunt of it all.

Needless to say, I'm a journeyman WalMart guy. Sure, I rode bikes down the aisles, popped bottles of pop in garbage disposal and once hit a BBQ with a sledgehammer. But I also worked with alot of he public and have seen it all.

One of the things we saw alot of was irate people coming from the jewelry department in need of batteries. The "no working on watches not bought at WalMart" is a universal rule. It makes total sense.

However, I had no problems with it whatsoever. I told the guy/gal wanting the battery that I can put it in, but if the watch broke, tough tits. The VAST majority of people would say "go ahead" and the odd one would just take it to the jewler out in the mall (that made you sign a waiver stating if they broke it, too bad).

I must have changed 1000 watches in my day. I had one $10 Swatch that broke. The lady didn't care. The battery was almost as much as the watch.

Long story short, those rules are there for a reason. However, there's no point getting into a stink about it. You can't piss on the floor at Walmart either, but people did it anyways.

It's not about living by rules of some faceless company, it's about realizing that the world has gone to shit because of liability. It's not bad here in Canada, but in the US, it's nuts.

R35

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
It's not about living by rules of some faceless company, it's about realizing that the world has gone to shit because of liability. It's not bad here in Canada, but in the US, it's nuts.

R35
IMHO, this is responsible for the vast majority of problems in the US.

Good post, Rock.

Skiddlydiddly

Jul 17, 2007
Very true. Best thing the consumer can do is just not shop the store. I won't admit I'm wrong, because I believe that rules are established to accomplish a goal or prevent something from happening. I believe if you accomplish the rules intent through some other means, then it negates the necessity of said rule. In other words, in this stupid watch example that we've all gotten so worked up about, the policy was to prevent the store from performing actions that could make them liable for damage of property. By me stating that I would not hold them responsible for said damage, that left no reason to follow the rule.

It's not your opinion that's wrong, it's you actions. You choose to give Walmart your money, despite how you feel about the situation.

Your solution: force this employee to stand up to Walmart and it's wrong-headed policies. You've got nothing to lose here. She may have alot to lose.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
IMHO, this is responsible for the vast majority of problems in the US.

Good post, Rock.

There's no one to blame at Walmart, or on the other side of the counter. Everyone is in the wrong because they aren't responsible enough to even go to the bathroom without the walls being padded and the toilet paper soft so it doesn't scrape your anus.

Guy walks into walmart, gets watch battery changed. No problem.

Next guy walks in, girl at counter thinks "just like last time", watch breaks. Guy sues Walmart for $47 ka-jillion dollars. Court fees alone to throw out case totals $300,000.

Walmart no longer services watches that aren't bought at Walmart.

The breadcrumbs are easy to follow.

R35

OP
T

tailStrike

May 4, 2008
R35

That's all I'm saying.

OP
T

tailStrike

May 4, 2008
It's not your opinion that's wrong, it's you actions. You choose to give Walmart your money, despite how you feel about the situation.

Your solution: force this employee to stand up to Walmart and it's wrong-headed policies. You've got nothing to lose here. She may have alot to lose.
If I honestly thought my actions would cause harm to someone in any way, I wouldn't have proceeded. When she told me she couldn't, I politely told her I would ask the manager.

The whole situation was just blown way out of proportion.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That's all I'm saying.

I gathered that, and just touched on it a bit more. :)

I think if the system started throwing out some of the frivolous crap that happens these days, the world would be a much better place to live.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online