• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Brainwashed employees...

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Sometimes threads get WAY more attention than they deserve. This is one of those threads.

Life lesson number 147..... when you $10 watch conks out you do NOT replace the battery, you replace the watch.

No charge for that one.

OP
T

tailStrike

May 4, 2008
...Unfortunately from an employee standpoint, they again need to weigh the value of why there is a policy in place, and how it would effect their employment status should they choose to violate the policy.

You would make great middle management, Jayhawk :p. Employment status...lol.

OP
T

tailStrike

May 4, 2008
Sometimes threads get WAY more attention than they deserve. This is one of those threads.

Life lesson number 147..... when you $10 watch conks out you do NOT replace the battery, you replace the watch.

No charge for that one.

Yeah, just go for the Ecodrive.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005

No charge for that one.
Gotta keep those $10 watch manufacturers in business, eh?

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
You would make great middle management, Jayhawk :p. Employment status...lol.
:laugh:
I was a programmer, then took a job as an IT manager for a smaller company of 35 people that drew in about $100 million dollars a year. I realized I had a much better job and job lifespan and much more enjoyment as a programmer. Mainly because of issues like this I went back as a Programmer/Analyst for Siemens (the third largest company in the world, not the mattress maker) who had way to many managers and not enough employees in our area. After 5 years, my management tried and convince me to go back and finish up my degree so I could (or would not be able to) "move into a management position" until I did so. I guess through all the restructuring they had not realized that was why I left my prior position until I told them that was all the incentive I needed to not go back and get my degree. :)

So this does come from a bit of life experience from middle to upper management.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Got one. Love it!
Yep, I love my world traveler, even though I rarely travel. Bought it because I liked the look of the Titanium. Still usually wear my $60 Casio G-Shock quite a bit, pretty much indestructible.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Yep, I love my world traveler, even though I rarely travel. Bought it because I liked the look of the Titanium. Still usually wear my $60 Casio G-Shock quite a bit, pretty much indestructible.
The part I like best is the perpetual calendar. The titanium case is nice too.

I've had a cheaper watches, and I just can't stand scratched crystals.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I am a bit of a watch whore, my 2 current favorites are my $400 Bulova & $105 Black Fossil. Both of which are selfwinding via the wrist action deal. Cheap watches look like crap & when a battery dies you do like Sling said & toss it out & get a new one.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I've had a cheaper watches, and I just can't stand scratched crystals.
That is the reason I still have and frequently use the G-Shock. I used to be very rough on crystals, and the G-Shock has a raised plastic bezel. It is one of the most commonly used by much of the Military. My brother, who was Airborne Ranger as a commissioned officer back in the 80's is the one that first told me about them.

It can take a little getting used to at first, but if you need a watch to wear when you are doing any kind of work or outdoor activities that can damage a crystal, it is the best you can buy IMO. I beat the crap out my first one for about 14 years, and it looked almost new. As mentioned, it was only because the battery went dead that I replaced mine after 14 years, I even tried replacing the battery, but after doing so it started acting funny. So for $60 for 14 years of use seemed cheap enough.

I usually wear the Eco-Drive daily, but anytime I know I will be doing any kind of work involving my hands I wear the G-Shock.

DW6600C-1V - G-Shock - Timepiece - Products - CASIO
G-Shock - Timepiece - Products - Casio

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
:laugh:
I was a programmer, then took a job as an IT manager for a smaller company of 35 people that drew in about $100 million dollars a year. I realized I had a much better job and job lifespan and much more enjoyment as a programmer. Mainly because of issues like this I went back as a Programmer/Analyst for Siemens (the third largest company in the world, not the mattress maker) who had way to many managers and not enough employees in our area. After 5 years, my management tried and convince me to go back and finish up my degree so I could (or would not be able to) "move into a management position" until I did so. I guess through all the restructuring they had not realized that was why I left my prior position until I told them that was all the incentive I needed to not go back and get my degree. :)

So this does come from a bit of life experience from middle to upper management.

See - I am a programmer for another monster corporation (GE - Healthcare division) and I want to get away from the technical stuff. My brain is fried. You have to have it turned on at 100% all day every day. I like the PM stuff a lot better.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
See - I am a programmer for another monster corporation (GE - Healthcare division) and I want to get away from the technical stuff. My brain is fried. You have to have it turned on at 100% all day every day. I like the PM stuff a lot better.
I got away from the majority of it when we moved up here about 5 years ago, but it was likely more a matter of getting burned out on the big corporation theory as opposed to the programming aspects. I was also in the healthcare division as Siemens doing Radiology Software. I actually did alot of work creating interfaces with the GE PACS systems at the time. Like you said, it is 100% all the time, although it only made it more difficult when you realize they are making $255 an hour for your work (6 years ago), paying you peanuts in comparison, then saying that you need to make up time for your vacation because that puts you below the 98% billable threshold that they expect after vacations, sick time or what have you.

I still sometimes cringe to this day when I see the OBX (Outer Banks) stickers on cars. :D

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
That is the reason I still have and frequently use the G-Shock. I used to be very rough on crystals, and the G-Shock has a raised plastic bezel. It is one of the most commonly used by much of the Military. My brother, who was Airborne Ranger as a commissioned officer back in the 80's is the one that first told me about them.

It can take a little getting used to at first, but if you need a watch to wear when you are doing any kind of work or outdoor activities that can damage a crystal, it is the best you can buy IMO. I beat the crap out my first one for about 14 years, and it looked almost new. As mentioned, it was only because the battery went dead that I replaced mine after 14 years, I even tried replacing the battery, but after doing so it started acting funny. So for $60 for 14 years of use seemed cheap enough.

I usually wear the Eco-Drive daily, but anytime I know I will be doing any kind of work involving my hands I wear the G-Shock.

DW6600C-1V - G-Shock - Timepiece - Products - CASIO
G-Shock - Timepiece - Products - Casio

I love the G-shock. I have this one and wear it a lot on weekends and times when I know my other watch couldn't take the beatings.
http://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/G-Shock/GW1500A-1AV/

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
That's a nice watch! Lots of features for the money.

Long live analog!

Thanks. I got it much cheaper than listed buying it on Amazon. I like that the time is always exact and I don't have to worry about the battery. Now if I can only figure out how to use all of those features.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.