• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Branson MO golf resorts?

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
United States United States
Hey all, I have some questions about Branson's golf resorts. I'm looking to do a 3-4 day vacation somewhere around the middle of March. Nov 2011 we did an extended weekend at the Thousand Hill resort and played a round while we were out there. ( at the time that was probably my 3rd time ever playing ) I loved the course simply because it was so nice, my only complaint was that the cabins you get to rent were across the main road and it is a massive hassle to actually make it to the course. I'm wondering about if there are any other golf resorts in the area you could recommend? And if any of you guys/gals are in the area or going to be, I would love to hit the links with some of y'all!

OP
dedicatedhacker

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
By the way as a side note, in no way am I talking negatively about Thousand Hills. I had a phenomenal time there and will probably end up going back there again. Just seeing if there are any other options in the area.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Do they have kit surfing there? Apparently Richard Branson likes to try his hand at that. :)

afiles.g4tv.com_ImageDb3_235565_S_Richard_Branson.jpg

travelbuf

Jan 17, 2013
Country
Greetings - you'll love Branson for a golf trip. Go to http://www.explorebransongolf.com first; it will give you access to tee sheets and Discover Branson, which has exclusive rights to best rates for stay and play packages there. There are 7 great courses there - Branson Creek is a Fazio design, noted the best public course in Mo. It's got generous fairways and is fun to play. Payne Stewart is beautiful and challenging. Murder Rock has some of the best views in Branson, is across the street from Branson Creek, and is a local favorite. You can't go wrong with Thousand Hills and Ledgestone - the latter is on mountainous terrain, with a great clubhouse. For a fun walk in the park that's great on budget and is kind on your game - very forgiving - try Pointe Royale or Holiday Hills. Plenty of accommodations available; we like the Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing because it's in a central location and has walking access to restaurants, pubs (great piano bar), shopping, etc. (Don't miss the Bass Pro Shops). Ledgestone, Payne Stewart, Thousand Hills and Pointe Royale have accommodations on property that are good for foursomes and buddy trips. Ask Thousand Hills about the new condos - they're within walking distance of the clubhouse and are truly beautiful and spacious. Good luck, and have fun! (If you're flying in after March 1, check out Southwest Airlines - they're offering service right into Branson this spring, opening up a lot of flight options).

🔥 Latest posts

Members online