• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bridgestone Ball Comparison

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Today I did a mini ball test. I played 4 different Bridgestone balls during my 18 hole round, and I found some significant differences.

E7+ - Ok ball, but I don't get much spin on short pitches. It's playable but doesn't perform where I need to have the performance. The natural low flight makes it harder to hit high when I need it, and it doesn't stop as precisely on the green.

Tour B330-RX - Says its for less than 105 mph swing speed. My driver SS is normally 95-100 mph, but this ball plays like a mush ball for me. I lose 15 yards from my IRON distance over almost any other ball, and with the driver they are a disaster. To me it plays like the NXT Tour and I had similar bad results with that ball. Not sure why, but there is some component of my swing that really hates those super soft balls.

Tour B330-S - Very nice ball. Good distance off the tee and seems to suit my game ok. Decent control around the green too. For 103-115 mph SS which should make it less suitable for my game, but I seem to be an aberration in that regard, an opinion that the next ball will reinforce.

Tour B330 - Of the four balls this is my preference. The website says it's for swing speeds of 112 mph and up, which I can't hit even if I swing right out of my shoes (highest I ever recorded is 108). But this ball just works. I find it has better feel for me than the ProV1, and that has always been my yardstick. Around the greens it spins nicely and is very responsive on chips, pitches and putts. For approach shots, the ball will check or spin back a bit, even on semi frozen greens like I played on today. I get good distance with the driver, and my new Titleist AP2 irons hit this ball longer club for club than my King Cobras did, even though they are supposedly weaker lofts. The launch is higher too, which is a great help when I'm in my usual place behind a tall tree. :rolleyes: I played a couple of shots today that I couldn't even have attempted with my Cobra's. Between the new irons and the B330 ball I felt like I just took 15 years off my age. :thumbs up:

So, unless a miracle happens, I've found my ball for this season. :D

88cupfan

Jan 5, 2009
I like the same ball you do also. Great distance and feel. The only compaint I have is that the ball seems to be much hotter off of the face on short chip shots, say, 20 - 30 feet. I really have to back it down in order to prevent from running it way past the hole. Next time you practice your chipping, compare it to a Pro V and let me know what you find.

OP
Fourputt

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
I like the same ball you do also. Great distance and feel. The only compaint I have is that the ball seems to be much hotter off of the face on short chip shots, say, 20 - 30 feet. I really have to back it down in order to prevent from running it way past the hole. Next time you practice your chipping, compare it to a Pro V and let me know what you find.

I chip and pitch mostly with my 52° Callaway X Tour wedge, and it spins it without really trying. I actually have to be a bit more aggressive with the B330 than I do with ProV1.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Bridgestone balls are the way to go, IMO.

I played the B330 most of last year, but got around to the 330-S, which is what I'll play this year.

Haven't hit the RX, but I always did think, "How many amateurs swing 105??"

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.