• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bridgestone e5

OP
johnnymo

johnnymo

Jun 18, 2010
A little update. As I mentioned earlier I was up playing in altitude this past weekend Saturday I played only e5s on a well shaded, decently taken care of course in the afternoon. It had seen an incredible amount of play already but the greens were pretty receptive. It had been a while since I had played the course and it was so full I could not play two balls to campare them side by side. The e5s did not have any noticable advantage over any other similar ball that I have played on that course.

Monday morning though I played an extremely nice course up there. The course was much more open and I had the opportunity to play around a little bit. After a rather lackluster round on Saturday and because of the quality of the course I played a mix of One Tours and One Tour Ds. Although the One Tours get a bad rap for being short I was more than with how they performed as I averaged around 260 yards off the tee (thank you altitude!) The greens were very fast (about the quickest I have played on all year) and extremely firm to being able to get long irons to hold was extremely important. I really should have played some 5es in with the One Tours but hindsight is 20-20 and it is hard to change something up when it is doing exactly what you want it to do. All that said the One Tour is for sure a better fit for my game than the One Tour D, the only thing I can figure is that the extra spin is actually a benefit for my swing, even with the driver.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
TTR, nice find :)

Hijacking my own thread... What do you think of the one tour d? I have a couple of sleeves sitting around but have yet to put them in play.

Ain't my cup of tea. I find them to be harder than expected and the feel is kind of funny. Distance wise I see no difference to average ball, and spin is a little bit behind same price range balls.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online