• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bridgestone J33 combo irons

Irish

May 9, 2007
Well got these bad boys delivered on Tuesday and decided to test them today but rather than going to the range decided to play 12 holes at Portmarnock (one of the oldest courses in the world if you've never heard of it) instead of a range session :laugh:

Well it was windy as hell but these irons feel fantastic...they look beautiful at address..really classic lines and certainly would never be considered spades....got them used but they are in perfect condition.

Dynamic Gold X100 shafts which for me was a new experiance and the loft on these are 2-3 degrees more than my old irons...so effectively my 9 in these is the same as the old wedge...

Well I love these things the 8,9,pw are classic blades and just beautiful to hit..instant feedback and i really don't have to kill the club (I though I would with the X100's) but a nice fast tempo swing does just fine...the dispersion is so much tighter and with the few shots I hit...I didn't lose any distance at all between the bridgestone 8i and the macgregor 8i with R300 shafts.....go figure why....anyway I really didn't get the opportunity to hit the low irons...hit the 6 iron twice and it feel really good,,,nice cavity back but with a thin topline not too much offset and a nice size head...

I was initially worried when I bought these things that they would be too much club for me but after today I think once I bring a nice consistent fast tempo swing these are here to stay....

they just look so pretty too...will post pics over the weekend...

OP
Irish

Irish

May 9, 2007
well only my initial findings really but so far i'm very impressed with the quality of these things

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
these get rave reviews on all the other boards (BSG, WRX etc)

Being the big bridgestone fan that I am, it's surprising that I don't own a set of these tbh... maybe it's the hexagonal decals.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.