• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bridgestone J33

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
So my internal debate over what 3-wood to carry is coming to a close soon.

I took my V-Steel into the shop the other night and started demo'ing clubs. I wanted the VSteel there so I could do direct side by side comparisons. I must say, I was taken back by how nice the Bridgestone offerings are. I wasn't really even considering Bridgestone because I had bought into their advertising; "for the better player". I wouldn't put myself into that category so why bother, right? Well, I ran into a buddy at the shop (used to be the club builder there) and we started talking about playing charactistics of the different fairway wood offerings (with the VSteel as the baseline of the comparison). He convinced me to at least include the J33 in my "testing".

Wow, am I glad I tested the J33. The feel of the J33 is very similar to the VSteel. It sounded and felt great at impact. A little heavier swing weight (D2 like the VSteel) gives great feedback as to where the head is during the swing.

When you consider their recent price drop, and that they come stock with an Aldila NV shaft, it was a no-brainer decision for me. Mine is out "out for delivery" right now and I'm anxious to get it into action.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Why'd you dump the V Steel? Just curious since I just got one.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Why'd you dump the V Steel? Just curious since I just got one.

Which shaft to you have? I'm working on reshafting mine but have not chosen one.

Chemboy - sorry to threadjack!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Right now it's the stock steel shaft. Gonna give that a try for a while...kinda wanting to get back to steel shafts.

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
The VSteel was/is awesome. It was old and beat up so it was time to start looking towards the future. Other than aesthetics I'm not sure why I even considered changing...

Wrt the threadjack; I actually have three VSteels (13,15,16.5) and none of them have their OEM shaft. The 13 and 16.5 have UST IROD Fairway shafts and they play great. The 15 has a Graphite Design YS7 and that combo absolutely kicks arse! The YS7 will more than likely find its way into the 13* VSteel.

🔥 Latest posts