• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bridgestone Staff

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
After 8 years with Taylor Made, I have decided to make a switch to the Bridgestone staff. I should be getting most of the new stuff in a few weeks, the driver is on hold for now, and the bag won't be in until next month. Still going to keep the TM clubs in the closet, just in case.

The new setup is going to be nice:
J33R 9.5 with an Ozik Code 6
J33 3 and 5 woods with Ozik Code 7
J36 Blades 3-PW with Nippon 1050
West Coast Design Wedges 54 & 60 with Nippon 1050
Since they don't make a putter, I am probably going to stick with the Maranello, but the new Odyssey Black I 9 is very nice and I kind of like the new Scotty Select putters.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Great choice, TMAG!!! (even if I did sell all my B'Stone stuff)

So, gonna change the screen name?

OP
BStone

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
Not sure if I can, may have to try and bribe Sling to do that for me

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
hey tmag, if your guna get rid of anything, i'd love a pm first:).

(irons mostly, maybe a fw or driver:)).

What spurred you to make the switch?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Not sure if I can, may have to try and bribe Sling to do that for me

I think BSman is available.
icon10.gif
Looking forward to what you think of all the clubs really. Never hit a Bridgstone FWY or Driver. Twofast had the J33 blades, I hit those awesome at the range but I know better. I should have gotten the exact specs though... I couldn't miss the sweet spot on those things.

OP
BStone

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
What spurred you to make the switch?

Part of it was that my local rep was let go in January and I still haven't heard from my new rep. The Bridgestone guy came in and brought some of the new irons and I went out and hit them on the range. The blades felt great, nice shape and I really liked the way that they look at address. The CB's were nice as well, almost thought about putting them in the longer irons, but the 3 and 4 in the blades are fairly easy to hit for a blade. Have always liked the look of the driver and fairway woods, the driver is very low spinning, which really helps me out.

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
Bridgestone is a great company IMO. I love their hybrids and the irons look awesome. Tmag did you hit the pocket cavity or the new J36 hybrids and what did you think. The hybrids have a little different shape from what I have seen. What ball are you going to play the 330 or the 330s.

OP
BStone

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
I hit everything they had, that was one of the things that I liked, the guy spent over an hour with me hitting balls and discussing their product line. I got to hit everything that they have, from drivers through wedges. The Pocket Cavity irons are great for someone who is looking for the tour look and needs some help getting the ball up in air. I have never had success with any hybrids, but this one was very solid, still a little bit of a hook. The wedges are one of the bigger surprises for me, they are very solid feeling and they don't have any crazy grooves, I spin the ball enough. As for the ball, I like the way the 330 comes off the woods, but the S is nicer off the shorter clubs and wedges. I have a dozen of each to mess with, but I have to wait a couple of weeks to get the clubs built for me.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Another convert. Although they don't make my irons anymore I still love them as well as the B330.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Another convert. Although they don't make my irons anymore I still love them as well as the B330.

Yep.

Tmag, er, Bmag, or whatever....if you get good deals on B330's, I'm your man. :mgw:

R35

Release

Mar 2, 2008
I thought Bridgestone makes putters, maybe for the Japanese market.
But I know they have proto type putters for the U.S. market, maybe you could get one from your rep?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.