• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

British Open so far...

soxngolf

The Chick
Jul 26, 2008
Hello Julie Inkster!!! I realize it is only the first round, but love to see her at the top of the leader board. Momoko Ueda, Laura Diaz one shot behind, Lorena 4 shots, Annika and Paula at even par and 7 shots behind Inkster. My DVR didn't automatically pick up the golf today so I missed the coverage, but manually recorded the next few days. Anyone watch today, who is commentating?

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
My opinion should be obvious!

Sox, so far I've only watched the first half hour or so, and it's as either you or HL predicted. All putting. But Judy Rankin is in the booth, so it almost doesn't matter who else is there.

Last time I looked, it appeared the Jose Maria Uribe will just make the cut. She was so much fun to watch at Interlochen. Just wish Annika was doing better.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
They have should re-named this the "Asian Open in England". They dominated the leaderboard. I hope this isn't going to be a new trend. :(

OP
soxngolf

soxngolf

The Chick
Jul 26, 2008
From a Time magazine article:

Today, Asia is the fastest-growing sector in TV, with women's golf in Japan garnering double the ratings of the men.

While I would have loved to see Paula or Morgan win, I was also hoping that Ai Miyazato would get her first win too. Why does it have to be an American? I think that most people don't realize we have all been rooting for Annika for 15 years and she is from Sweden!

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Sox, I can't remember where I post what. Ai is totally adorable. Maybe 5'2" and 95 pounds dripping wet. She's fun to watch--when I followed her around in a downpour, it was us and the camera crews. Ai has a funny little hitch in her backswing that doesn't show up on television. I've never heard a commentator mention it either, but it's there.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
They have should re-named this the "Asian Open in England". They dominated the leaderboard. I hope this isn't going to be a new trend. :(
Asian girls study hard and practice a lot. American girls party and, like, what...ever.

What do you expect?

OP
soxngolf

soxngolf

The Chick
Jul 26, 2008
Sox, I can't remember where I post what. Ai is totally adorable. Maybe 5'2" and 95 pounds dripping wet. She's fun to watch--when I followed her around in a downpour, it was us and the camera crews. Ai has a funny little hitch in her backswing that doesn't show up on television. I've never heard a commentator mention it either, but it's there.

I saw her at the Women's US Open in Newport, RI a few years ago. I could not believe the amount of photographers that watched her every move. They mention it on the TV broadcasts, but to see it in real life it is crazy. They say that she is literally like a rockstar in Japan. With all the pressure that is on her no wonder she hasn't won yet, but I have no doubt that she will. :thumbs up:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.