• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Broke 100!

WinnipegGolfer

Canadian Junior Member
Aug 6, 2006
I have just shot lower than 100! WOOHOO!

Scorecard:

Par: 4 4 4 4 5 3 4 4 3 Out35 3 4 4 5 4 5 3 5 4 In37 Out35 Total72
ME: 5 4 5 5 6 5 6 5 5 46 4 4 6 6 5 7 5 7 7 51 46 97
FH: y y n y n n n n n 3/9 n y n n y y n y n 4/9 3/9 7/18
GIR:y n n n n n n n n 1/9 n n n n n n n n n 0/9 1/9 1/18
putts:3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 17 1 1 2 1 2 2 2 3 2 16 17 33

Might sound like crap to some of you but for me I am very proud! Also I'm only 14 but I know A LOT of 14 year old's that shoot 85 or lower.

BTW FH means Fairways hit. At least for me it does,

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Good Job!! You can tell a lot from keeping stats and that will help you to keep improving. I guess you could actually say you hit 7/15 fairways(since par 3's don't count as fairways :) )which is pretty decent, I'll take that any day. I can see you chipped and putted well, putting them in for bogies is good. Keep working on that, you'll break 90 no problem when you can get up and down in 2 a lot. I used to play a game with 3 balls I called 7. I'd chip them up and try to get them down in a score of 7. Then I change the game to 5.
icon10.gif

It's great to hear about the breaking of milestone, thanks for sharing.

OP
WinnipegGolfer

WinnipegGolfer

Canadian Junior Member
Aug 6, 2006
ezra76 said:
Good Job!! You can tell a lot from keeping stats and that will help you to keep improving. I guess you could actually say you hit 7/15 fairways(since par 3's don't count as fairways :) )which is pretty decent, I'll take that any day. I can see you chipped and putted well, putting them in for bogies is good. Keep working on that, you'll break 90 no problem when you can get up and down in 2 a lot. I used to play a game with 3 balls I called 7. I'd chip them up and try to get them down in a score of 7. Then I change the game to 5.
icon10.gif

It's great to hear about the breaking of milestone, thanks for sharing.

My chipping was dead on today! Most of my one putts were a credit to leaving my chip about a foot from the cup, 2 of them lipped out, and one was for birdie!:(

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Congrats!! Just think how good you'd do down here in the States where you didn't have to chip out of snow banks and stuff. :D

OP
WinnipegGolfer

WinnipegGolfer

Canadian Junior Member
Aug 6, 2006
warbirdlover said:
Congrats!! Just think how good you'd do down here in the States where you didn't have to chip out of snow banks and stuff. :D

Actually on the 15th I was by the green, when I walked up to my ball, it was about 3 inches in the watery mud, my wedge is soooooooo dirty, chunks of mud went flying and my ball landed 10 feet from the puddle. That was not a good hole:mad:

Edit: my signature says all donations accepted, I mean like anything, my clubs are the shits! Sorry but I really want some new clubs:) If I use up all my Christmas money and Birthday money next year I can get an Adams Ovation Driver and a Wilson Fatboy II Hybrid and a Wilson JackBlack putter

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Good Job, I also broke 100 for the first time this week, had I putted as well as you did I would have had a shot at 90.:)

OP
WinnipegGolfer

WinnipegGolfer

Canadian Junior Member
Aug 6, 2006
Davebud said:
Good Job, I also broke 100 for the first time this week, had I putted as well as you did I would have had a shot at 90.:)

Well I putt and chip great, but my drive is decent, at worst 150 to the right, at best 240 down the middle, mi irons are horrific except for my 5 iron, but I have even started to pull that, and I wouldn't be able to hit my 3W 100 yds off the fairway if my life depended on it, I CAN'T WAIT FOR A HYBRID!

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Get rid of the 3 wood and get a 4 wood or 5 wood, even a 7 wood would help you out. I hit the driver like nobodys bussiness, my round had 40 putts though. I got a 96, with your 33 putts I would have had an 89.

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
United States United States
Good job man! :)

Keep at it. It's tough and often frustrating, but seems like you are eager to keep going with it.

Awesome to see you are keeping good stats on the card too. I didnt start doing that until about junior year of high school :rolleyes: it helps a lot. It shows you the part of your game you need to work on.

Keep up the good work. :)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
WinnipegGolfer said:
My chipping was dead on today! Most of my one putts were a credit to leaving my chip about a foot from the cup, 2 of them lipped out, and one was for birdie!:(

Nothing like a chip in bird. If you are interested I put a link to the stats I keep, these are the last 10 rounds. I don't make a birdie very often but the key is I make one more often than a triple. I got a piece of ballstriking advice from Golf Magazine months ago that has helped my iron game considerably. The 2 simple things were to maintain the shaft angle at impact (basically your hands pass over the ball before the clubhead) and to have your weight on the right instep (for a righty) at impact. I just started out with a hinge and maintained it through impact as well as starting off with my weight on the instep. After a few weeks it came natural and I rarely get a poor strike. Anyway, here's the link
icon10.gif
http://www.golf.com/apps/analysis/stats_results.asp?Flg=S&FDt=7%2F2%2F2006&TDt=8%2F28%2F2006&HPly=18&ScF=&ScT=&ScM=&Crs=&DtTyp=Range+of+rounds&FDtB=&TDtB=&ScFB=&ScTB=&RdTypB=&HPlyB=&CrsB=&ScMB=&DtTypB=

OP
WinnipegGolfer

WinnipegGolfer

Canadian Junior Member
Aug 6, 2006
ezra76 said:
Nothing like a chip in bird. If you are interested I put a link to the stats I keep, these are the last 10 rounds. I don't make a birdie very often but the key is I make one more often than a triple. I got a piece of ballstriking advice from Golf Magazine months ago that has helped my iron game considerably. The 2 simple things were to maintain the shaft angle at impact (basically your hands pass over the ball before the clubhead) and to have your weight on the right instep (for a righty) at impact. I just started out with a hinge and maintained it through impact as well as starting off with my weight on the instep. After a few weeks it came natural and I rarely get a poor strike. Anyway, here's the link
icon10.gif
http://www.golf.com/apps/analysis/stats_results.asp?Flg=S&FDt=7%2F2%2F2006&TDt=8%2F28%2F2006&HPly=18&ScF=&ScT=&ScM=&Crs=&DtTyp=Range+of+rounds&FDtB=&TDtB=&ScFB=&ScTB=&RdTypB=&HPlyB=&CrsB=&ScMB=&DtTypB=

I'm not subscribed to that site, but you described in enough for me! I'll definitly try it out! All my iron shots were WAY to the left! Thanks a lot!

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
Good job. Breaking 100 is a good one, it shows that you've worked on improving, and it feels nice to be able state that your low score is only double-digits.

🔥 Latest posts