• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Broke 70 twice in successive days...

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
But i'm not sure if it counts... Yesterday, I was playing with my mate. I played quite well, and was 35 for the front nine. I started playing even better, with 31 for the back nine, giving me a 66.

I played the same course again today with my dad, and started off terrible. 40 for the front nine, and 3 putted from 4ft on the first, for a double bogey. I started playing well on the back nine, and came back in 28, for a 68.

The reason i'm not sure if it counts, was because it was on a par 3 course... Par 54. In the first round, I was 8 over for the front nine, 4 over for the back, for a 12 over round. In the second round, I was 13 over for the front nine, 1 over for the back, giving me a 14 over round. My handicap is 14, so I played to it or below it each time, but I'm not sure if it counts because it was a par 3 CSS 54 course.

If it does, i'll have broken 80, 70 and 60, all for the first time this season.

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
Well, you definitely broke 70, and it's still a good score, but there is a difference between breaking 70 on a par 54 and on a par 70-72. The difference is probably between being 15 over or 3 under, lol

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
United States United States
haha.. congrats on breaking 70...

Now try for it on a REAL course. ;)

Just kiddin.. Par three courses are fun for the short game.. i enjoy them every now and then.

:D

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Scotty thats good scoring and you definatly broke 70 just on an easier course than normal.

OP
Scotty01292

Scotty01292

Oct 16, 2005
You won't believe this, but it's true. I went out with my mate for another round this evening, and shot a 59, playing to 5 handicap. I was level par for the back nine, after an average start.

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
United States United States
Nice man!

How long does it take you to play a normal par three course? Im trying to figure out if I could fit in some par 3 coursework between work and school :eek:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I was going to say, **** Scott, I'm going to be your caddy son!

Seriously though, that's still really cool. First time I broke it on consecutive days was two 69s to put me in the lead for the Men's State Amatuer, then I act like an idiot and pull in a 74 on the last day.

Still though, not bad playing, keep on truckin and it'll be on a 72.

OP
Scotty01292

Scotty01292

Oct 16, 2005
BoarderDave said:
Nice man!

How long does it take you to play a normal par three course? Im trying to figure out if I could fit in some par 3 coursework between work and school :eek:

We could have been round (as a 2 ball) in 2 hours, if we'd played quick, but it was quiet, so we weren't in any rush and went round in 2hrs 15. It'll never take too long.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.