• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Broke my Mizuno Sandwedge

Snow

Sep 15, 2008
Well I finally did it.

After a summer of totally p-- poor 60*wedge shots I took and broke it over my knee!!!
Bye Mizuno Wedge..

Thats not the best part when in the heat of breaking the club I cut my leg with the jagged edge of the shaft.

I mean the kind where it didnt stop bleeding.

It was kind of like a 4 inch long paper cut.I actually had to cut & wrap pieces of my towel around my leg to stop the bleeding.

The bleeding wasnt very severe but it was steady.

We kept playing and the bleeding did finally stop.

But 3 months later Im sporting a 4 inch scar just below my knee.

First club I have broke in 40 years and it will be my last.

Still have never reshafted that damn Mizuno 60 wedge.

At least it made thru Cog Hill !!!!!!!!

Snow

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Best thing to do, toss it into the nearest trees or pond.

Although watching someone tie a towel around their leg to stop bleeding after a golf clubs revenge would be comedy gold

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I saw a guy wrap his wedge around a tree.. only the tree was kinda slim. The wedge wrapped around with such force and snapped just right that the clubhead knocked the hell out of his arm. Left a nice, nice deep mark.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I saw a guy wrap his wedge around a tree.. only the tree was kinda slim. The wedge wrapped around with such force and snapped just right that the clubhead knocked the hell out of his arm. Left a nice, nice deep mark.

These are people that should be asked to leave the golf course and kindly never let back in. Absolutely no need for that on the course, none.

R35

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I agree, it was pretty embarrassing for the guy who was in the cart with him. They laughed, so I assumed it was a friend..

I kindly made sure that I didn't hit into the guy, because of his temper. I didn't tattle to the clubhouse about him, though. The tree was fine, and I think the gash and bruising on his arm was enough to warrant his actions.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I don't need excuses, I need removal. If I can go without smashing a club into a tree, why can't he?

Zero tolerance for that shit. None.

R35

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I don't need excuses, I need removal. If I can go without smashing a club into a tree, why can't he?

Zero tolerance for that shit. None.

R35
Why do people get so upset about things that have nothing to do with them?

He broke HIS club, he damaged HIS arm, and went on with his round...no where do i see this effecting your life, limb, or liberty...

Personally, beat the shit out of yourself and your clubs, i couldn't care less. If they do it enough, they might get their asses thrown in the loony bin and we no longer have to deal with him.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Why do people get so upset about things that have nothing to do with them?

He broke HIS club, he damaged HIS arm, and went on with his round...no where do i see this effecting your life, limb, or liberty...

Personally, beat the shit out of yourself and your clubs, i couldn't care less. If they do it enough, they might get their asses thrown in the loony bin and we no longer have to deal with him.

He can do that in his backyard. I don't need to see idiocy when I have paid good money to play golf. Period.

It's not about me, it's about the effect of him being an idiot. Your actions are more about the people around you, not within. If more people realized this, the world would be a much, much better place.

Respect the fact that other people live and breathe around you. It's pretty damn simple.

R35

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
He can do that in his backyard. I don't need to see idiocy when I have paid good money to play golf. Period.

It's not about me, it's about the effect of him being an idiot. Your actions are more about the people around you, not within. If more people realized this, the world would be a much, much better place.

Respect the fact that other people live and breathe around you. It's pretty damn simple.

R35

Kind of hypocritical isn't it? We should respect that other people live and breath around us, yet, i don't want anyone else doing anything i find offensive?

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008

R35

So.. When my tax money is used to pave roads... Should others who drive like morons, do it in their own driveway? No different. The problem is people don't respect others around them, that is the problem with everything in life.

I see both points.. I think shit like that needs to be kept away from the course. While I found it embarrassing and pretty childish on the part of the guy, it didn't really affect me personally. Feel free to break all of your clubs around a tree, or let them sink in the water. I'll even laugh if it looked funny, but I don't feel like going on a tirade about someone doing it.

I hate it, but I don't go out for a round, and lay down my moral laws, and decide no one around me will be slamming clubs, I want the cursing to a minimum, no betting, and no drinking or cigar smoke within a 3 hole radius around me, and I insist that people keep their carts on the path, and not speed excessively around the downhill curves.

If they want to drink and smoke, and rub the cart girls ass.. Do it. You paid to come out.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Kind of hypocritical isn't it? We should respect that other people live and breath around us, yet, i don't want anyone else doing anything i find offensive?

So.. When my tax money is used to pave roads... Should others who drive like morons, do it in their own driveway? No different. The problem is people don't respect others around them, that is the problem with everything in life.

I see both points.. I think shit like that needs to be kept away from the course. While I found it embarrassing and pretty childish on the part of the guy, it didn't really affect me personally. Feel free to break all of your clubs around a tree, or let them sink in the water. I'll even laugh if it looked funny, but I don't feel like going on a tirade about someone doing it.

I hate it, but I don't go out for a round, and lay down my moral laws, and decide no one around me will be slamming clubs, I want the cursing to a minimum, no betting, and no drinking or cigar smoke within a 3 hole radius around me, and I insist that people keep their carts on the path, and not speed excessively around the downhill curves.

If they want to drink and smoke, and rub the cart girls ass.. Do it. You paid to come out.

Thank the both of you for proving my point.

Carry on....

R35

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Thank the both of you for proving my point.

Carry on....

R35

Hardly, Rock....

You point was that you paid good money to play at a course, and don't feel you should be subjected to that.. Correct? That was the point you made?

I agree, so don't think I'm taking this the other way. I don't want to drop my coin to go out and have to put up with some nit-wit idiot that slams his clubs into trees and cart and then curse loud enough to wake people in China.

But to witness someone do that, and then in turn myself become so disgusted and enraged over it.. What good does that do? If he wants to be a jackass, by all means, do so..

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Hardly, Rock....

You point was that you paid good money to play at a course, and don't feel you should be subjected to that.. Correct? That was the point you made?

I agree, so don't think I'm taking this the other way. I don't want to drop my coin to go out and have to put up with some nit-wit idiot that slams his clubs into trees and cart and then curse loud enough to wake people in China.

But to witness someone do that, and then in turn myself become so disgusted and enraged over it.. What good does that do? If he wants to be a jackass, by all means, do so..
I believe he meant the point that no one respects any one else around them anymore, insinuating that we are showing disrespect and thus proving his theory. Yet he still contradicts this theory by disrespecting others rights by saying they should be removed from a course because he paid his money and they shouldn't be doing things that offend him.

His theory, don't tread on me, but i may tread on you if i find what your doing offensive.

My theory, don't tread on me, i don't tread on you. Yet somehow, me explaining my theory proves his theory? Not sure on that one.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You both obviously don't get my point, so I won't bother explaining it further.

If someone else wants to jump in here and connect the dots for these guys, feel free.

R35

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Yeah, I'm waiting.. All that was explained was that you demand respect from others since you paid for a round of golf.

I understand that, and don't dispute that a little courtesy goes a long ways.

I just don't get how you feel some how cheated and affected by some asshat in front of you breaking his own clubs in a fit of rage. Just because it's something you wouldn't do, doesn't mean it's off limits.

I'm not arguing the whole acting like an idiot portion. I am somewhat lost in how one goes around slamming the actions of others based on the fact that it's something they don't do, or don't approve of.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.