• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Broke thru today with 79

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
Shot a 79 today and started with a quad on a par 4. Finished the front 6 over and played great on the back with 2 birds and finished 1 over. 7 over is my best round of the year. Last week I got some great advice from some of you and it paid off today. I never looked at the scorecard after the first hole debacle. I knew I was making alot of pars, but I stayed focused and played one shot at a time. Thanks again to all that gave me such great advice.

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
One half me wants to congratulate you. So, congratulations on a great round, and keep pounding away.

The other half is really jealous of you, because I've been struggling to break 80 all year. Ugh. :real angry:

OP
kwcsports

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
Thanks, what really pisses me off is the quad on the first. If only I had played that hole smarter.Oh well, I am really happy after shooting low 80's for the last 6 rounds or so. I am playing again tomorrow,so I hope I keep it going. The sad part about my game is I could shot 90 tomorrow no problem:laugh:

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Nice round champ...

Sometimes a bad start can really help your score as you tend not to worry about your score so much and relax and play your natural game.

Erases the mentality of "If i keep playing this well i'll break 80 no problems", which is usually followed by "whoops, choked and came home triple, triple for 83":laugh:

Seriously though, nice round and watch the scores in the 70's flow in from now on.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
That is fantastic. The 79 itself is just a number (one less than 80). But it's got to feel pretty good. Overcoming a bad start is tough to do.

Well done.

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Awesome round. Congrats.

I almost broke 80 last weekend. Shot an 80. Had the opportunity though. 18th hole 500yd par 5. Got on in 2, missed the 15 footer for eagle which would have given me the 79. :hunter:

OP
kwcsports

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
Followed the 79 with an 85 today. Played a strange course and the greens were 3 feet slower at least. It also took 5 hours and 35 minutes to play 18 holes. That is crazy!! I find it hard to stay focused for that long. Brutal round waiting on every tee and waiting again in the fairway.:real angry:

🔥 Latest posts