• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Brooke Henderson Has a 'Pretty Good Day'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

A TEEN PHENOM WON THE KPMG Women's PGA Championship, the year's second major on the ladies circuit, but this time it wasn't Lydia Ko. Canadian Brooke Henderson, 18, defeated Ko, 19, with a birdie on the first playoff hole to win her first major championship. She is the youngest winner in the history of the championship and the second-youngest major winner in the history of the LPGA Tour.

The dramatic final round and sudden-death playoff took place at Sahalee Country Club near Seattle. Henderson and Ko both finished at 6-under par for the championship, but it was Henderson who blazed through the final 18, firing a 6-under 65 without a bogey on her card. It was the low round of the championship.

"It was a pretty good day for me," Henderson said to Golf Channel's Steve Sands. "I really didn't feel a ton of pressure or nerves, which was the key to me shooting 6-under in the final round."

Henderson said she didn't know if winnning a major would ever happen. Now she's looking ahead.

"Winning a major championship is huge and I'm looking forward to the rest of the summer with three majors left. I'm going to soak this in and I'm really excited for the rest of the summer."

The final-round display by Henderson, Ko and others impressed the broadcasters.

"This is tremendous golf," Annika Sorenstam said. "To see these young players really step it up when they needed to. A new generation is certainly on the rise on the LPGA."

Source: Brooke Henderson Has a 'Pretty Good Day'

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online