• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Brooks Koepka Can See Double-Digit Major Wins in His Future

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Embed from Getty Images

AFTER RAINING ON BROOKS KOEPKA'S major victory parade yesterday, I was reminded of what he thinks.

Koepka made the following statements on May 14, or a few days before he won the PGA Championship, his fourth major win in the last eight played.

"I don't see why you can't get to double digits," Koepka said. "I think you keep doing what you're supposed to do, you play good, you peak at the right times. Like I said, I think sometimes the majors are the easiest ones to win. Half the people shoot themselves out of it, and mentally I know I can beat most of them, and then from there it's those guys left, who's going to play good and who can win."

Here's a more detailed breakdown of how Koepka views majors.

"One hundred and fifty-six in the field, so you figure at least 80 of them I'm just going to beat," Koepka said. "From there, about half of them won't play well from there, so you're down to about maybe 35. And then from 35, some of them just, pressure is going to get to them. It only leaves you with a few more, and you've just got to beat those guys."

"I think one of the big things that I've learned over the last few years is you don't need to win it, you don't have to try to go win it. Just hang around. If you hang around, good things are going to happen."

Hanging around is a good strategy. Always being in contention is the key to winning a LOT of majors.

I like Koepka's thinking, his confidence. If he makes it to double digits, he'll join an elite group: Walter Hagen, Bobby Jones, Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus.

His present task is to win his fifth. Will it come at Pebble Beach next month?

I'd say all eyes will be on Koepka at the U.S. Open, but then there's Tiger, who always seems to suck all the oxygen out of the golf world. That might actually help Koepka.

Source: Brooks Koepka Can See Double-Digit Major Wins in His Future

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I hate to sound negative but...
We have been here before with Jordan Speith, Rory, Rikki etc. BK is playing amazing golf right now, but time has a funny way of adjusting form. When Jordan won his 3rd major in 2017, the floodgates were being opened. He has struggled since then.
Good luck and best wishes to BK. I love watching him overpower courses and to see his aggressive attitude. Let's have the discussion in a few years time when he has a few more under his belt.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
I hate to sound negative but...
We have been here before with Jordan Speith, Rory, Rikki etc. BK is playing amazing golf right now, but time has a funny way of adjusting form. When Jordan won his 3rd major in 2017, the floodgates were being opened. He has struggled since then.
Good luck and best wishes to BK. I love watching him overpower courses and to see his aggressive attitude. Let's have the discussion in a few years time when he has a few more under his belt.
^^^This

🔥 Latest posts