• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Brooksie!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Shouting this out will get me ejected from a tournament as it disrespects BDC?

Please discuss.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I guess I don't understand the taunting from fans at major sports events. Whether in the stands at a baseball game or a golf tournament, why not applaud and cheer for your favorite player/team while not taunting an opposing player/team? Act stupid at The Masters and you lose your ability to attend the event again.
OTOH, professional golfers did, IMHO, get entirely too touchy re any noise, talking, etc. If silence was required in our group of geezers, we'd all have been ejected long ago. (Of course, we're all so hard of hearing we probably don't even notice it.)

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Shouting mashed potato or baa baa boohie should get you drawn and quartered IMHO.
This honestly is one of my biggest annoyances with the Tour these days. What does yelling any of that nonsense have to do with the game being played?? Yelling “Get in the Hole” on a 599yd hole from the tee? These guys are good, but come on!!

I do agree with EClark, while taunts and getting a rise out of your; opponents, playing partners or forum members. For sure spices things up and has its place in sports 100%. I’m just not sure exactly what place it has in the game of golf. Especially when it crosses a line becoming disrespectful. Believe it was Patrick Cantly who said its different in a team sport setting. When Boston plays in New York, they go into the game knowing you’re the most hated people in that stadium for the afternoon. The next day you’re back in Boston and loved by your fans. Same can be said when the Habs play my Leafs on a Saturday night.

Golf is an individual sport, you don’t have teammates out there (except your caddie) and the interactions with fans take place so much closer. For a game so firmly rooted in respect and integrity, IMO anyway it just makes sense for the fans attending to be expected to adhere to that one simple rule. Be respectful!!!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
This honestly is one of my biggest annoyances with the Tour these days. What does yelling any of that nonsense have to do with the game being played?? Yelling “Get in the Hole” on a 599yd hole from the tee? These guys are good, but come on!!

I do agree with EClark, while taunts and getting a rise out of your; opponents, playing partners or forum members. For sure spices things up and has its place in sports 100%. I’m just not sure exactly what place it has in the game of golf. Especially when it crosses a line becoming disrespectful. Believe it was Patrick Cantly who said its different in a team sport setting. When Boston plays in New York, they go into the game knowing you’re the most hated people in that stadium for the afternoon. The next day you’re back in Boston and loved by your fans. Same can be said when the Habs play my Leafs on a Saturday night.

Golf is an individual sport, you don’t have teammates out there (except your caddie) and the interactions with fans take place so much closer. For a game so firmly rooted in respect and integrity, IMO anyway it just makes sense for the fans attending to be expected to adhere to that one simple rule. Be respectful!!!
I think a combo of alcohol and dipshits might be the cause of some of this nonsense. 😉

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Some fan walked off with Bryson’s ball on the 18th the other day at the tour championship. WTF? That is way over the line.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I will gladly volunteer my services as a PGA/USGA crowd control person. Just give me the credentials and a couple of Bubba's to assist with removal of obnoxious patrons.

Hell, I might do it for free.

Hate that crap.

🔥 Latest posts