• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Brown Golf Courses and Tiger's Return

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
I'M GLAD TO BE BACK from Thanksgiving and back to this blog. I've had some technical problems here, but I'll hopefully get those resolved this week.

I was traveling through the Shenandoah Valley over the Thanksgiving holiday, including around Charlottesville, and I spotted a handful of golf courses near the highway. Some of them (or maybe most of them) were a shade of brown or beige, since their fairways are now dormant until next spring.

This made me wonder about less than pristine golf course conditions and aesthetics. Does it bother you? Or does it make no difference? Do you play on brown golf courses in the winter or at other times?

The courses I saw looked as if they had plenty of grass; it just wasn't green.

From the time I started at age 12, I've played on a lot of humble golf courses with varying conditions. I know dirt and I know hardpan. I've seen it all, played on it all. Nothing bothers me.

Tiger is itching to play.

Tiger Woods will finally scratch that itch with yet another long-awaited comeback this week at the Hero World Challenge in Orlando. I've lost track of the number of Tiger comebacks.

Some in the media are billing this comeback as highly anticipated, but I'm beyond that at this point. I view Tiger with curiosity, nothing more. That could change (for me), especially if Tiger regains his form and puts himself in contention again.

For now, I'm in wait-and-see mode. Golf has been doing pretty well without him.

P.S. The brown courses reminded me of a Rodney Dangerfield joke. Rodney told his dentist that his teeth were turning yellow. His dentist told him to wear a brown necktie.

Source: Brown Golf Courses and Tiger's Return

🔥 Latest posts