• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bryson DeChambeau

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Is turning pro this week. Sizzle? Fizzle? Middle-of-the-pack guy?

Interestingly enough, he missed the cut at Chambers Bay but was still allowed to play the weekend.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I can't even form an opinion about this guy. Obviously he is talented. Where he will end up, I can't even hazard a guess.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
He looked good at the Masters, but he would not be the first guy to have a good showing as an Amateur then fall off the face of the planet. Interesting concept with the irons, though.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Good young kid. A real student of the Game. Said he wasn't all that concerned about how well he played at The Masters as long as people felt his character was in standing with the traditions of that tourney. I hope he does well and is another of the "young guns" that we can see on any given Sunday.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I hated his hat with all my heart. He has my eternal hate for it...

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I love the hat. I own several and wear them frequently.

???

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1460512587.454270.jpg

[emoji3]

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I just read that he is now turning pro and guess what he's going to be playing? Cobra, Puma and Bridgestone - iow exactly what he was playing as an amateur. I guess it begs the question as to the validity of amateur status. OK, I appreciate he is now getting paid to play these products, but where is the line now to cross? Some of these top amateurs are basically professionals in every sense. It's probably true in every sport these days, not just golf.

Just my opinion btw.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I just read that he is now turning pro and guess what he's going to be playing? Cobra, Puma and Bridgestone - iow exactly what he was playing as an amateur. I guess it begs the question as to the validity of amateur status. OK, I appreciate he is now getting paid to play these products, but where is the line now to cross? Some of these top amateurs are basically professionals in every sense. It's probably true in every sport these days, not just golf.

Just my opinion btw.
He's played custom Edel clubs forever. I think he tried the Cobra clubs at an event a few weeks back but games the Edel's at the Masters and will bag them again this week, despite the new endorsement.

🔥 Latest posts