• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bubba Golf Wins in Bahamas

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
BUBBA WATSON SHOT 25-UNDER PAR (67, 67, 66, 63) to win the Hero World Challenge by three shots over runner-up Patrick Reed at the Albany Resort in Albany, Bahamas. Rickie Fowler was third. World No. 1 Jordan Spieth finished fourth.

"It means a lot [to win Tiger Woods' event]," Watson told Golf Channel's Steve Sands. "He's the guy I looked up to; he's the guy I wanted to be like. How do you not want to be a champion like him when it comes to golf? All the tournaments he's won, all the tournaments that he's competed in at a high level. Playing practice rounds with him, watching him, learning from him. Even though I don't ask questions, I was learning from him. It's very impressive to watch his work and his dedication and drive to become the best."

Watson also said he'd retire from golf if he ever reached No. 1 in the world.

"If I ever become No. 1 in the world, I'm walking away," Bubba said. "I'm going to walk away on top. But let's be honest, nobody here's voting on that, right? Everybody thinks I'm not going to do that."

Is Bubba serious?

We might never know unless he somehow makes it to the top. If that happened, I have a hard time seeing him throw his clubs in the car trunk and drive off into the sunset. Bubba is currently ranked fourth in the world behind Spieth, Jason Day and Rory McIlroy.

"There’s no disappointment," Spieth told Sands after his final round.

"There's so many easy holes out here. Five par-5s, so many reachable par-4s. For a guy like Bubba, if he's driving the ball well it's a pitch-and-putt… Hats off to a great champion in Bubba, but I'm certainly pleased with the way we finished off the year… It's a season that for me now, I now put those kind of expectations on myself each season. Whether that's fair or not, it doesn't matter to me. I'm still going to work as hard as I can to try and achieve the same kind of year we had this year because it certainly was fun."

Tournament host Tiger Woods addressed his health and future in golf.

"I'm far from being done," Tiger said. "But I have to be patient, which I am not very good at. The golf part, I can be very patient. But when it comes to this stuff, I love to train. I love to bust my butt. I love to get out there and try and get better."

Source: Bubba Golf Wins in Bahamas

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
He's like that retarded kid that you know you shouldn't dislike, because you recognise he has a major impairment - but you dislike him anyway.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.