• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bubba IS the Man and a Masters Favorite (Despite His Denials)

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
This fan offered encouragement. @BubbaWatson gave an honest answer. pic.twitter.com/tSceCrDBHD
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) March 25, 2018

FOR A MAN CLOSE TO HANGING up his pink-shafted driver and walking away from the game, Bubba Watson is doing OK. Actually, better than OK. Bubba followed his February win in LA with another victory this past week at the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play.

"I got off to a hot start and I'm just focused on golf," Watson told Golf Channel after dispatching Kevin Kisner 7&6 in the final. "So focused on committing to shots. About four or five shots for the week where I wasn't committed, where I kind of blanked out. So that's pretty good over 100-some holes we’ve played."

Those Bubba shots? They're back in the bag.

"You've got to have confidence in yourself, knowing that I can hit certain shots and do certain shots again. Getting the strength back to hit the hard bomb or the big slice off the tee. Things like that."

Plus there's the flatstick.

"And then making the putts. Like I said, I got a new putter. First week I used it was L.A. They took two putters and milled it together, or welded it together. Whatever you want to call it. So I'm using this putter that's two putters in one. It’s worked out perfectly and the stroke looks good."

But don't call the man with two recent wins and a pair of Masters titles a favorite heading to Augusta National ...

Source: Bubba IS the Man and a Masters Favorite (Despite His Denials)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.