• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bubba Watson. Awesome 398 yard drive! ! !

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Check out his stats for the Sony open. http://www.pga.com/tournaments/scoring/scorecard.cfm?PlayerID=25804
His fairways hit was quite consistant, he averaged 1.7 putts per green so maybe that does need some working on. Only one eagle in the 4 days for such a big hitter aswell, maybe the short game in genral needs to improve. I think playing on tour week in week out at some of the tougher courses that short game will come on in leaps and bounds. star for the future I think.

GregInOz

Dang Fool
Aug 24, 2005
dave. said:
you say he can't putt yet he got within a shot of Appleby!!?? he seems ok to me!

Kilted Arab said:
What he actually said was that from what he'd seen, he couldn't putt. Not quite the same thing, my abrasive Yorkshire fight-picking chum!

Thanks for jumping in Kilted.
Correct, I did say that, and what I really meant and didn't go very far toward expressing was that he didn't putt well enough to get the job done down the strectch. He certainly can putt a bit.:)

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
"from what I have seen he can't putt"

How else am I supposed to read that? I am just pointing out that coming second on tour means you have to be able to hole a few

longiron

May 2, 2005
dave. said:
"from what I have seen he can't putt"

How else am I supposed to read that? I am just pointing out that coming second on tour means you have to be able to hole a few
It could also mean he didnt hole enough putts to win.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
longiron said:
It could also mean he didnt hole enough putts to win.

398 yard drive, wedge in, and he doesn't win points to putting to me.

I hope he gets his putting down. It would be great to see a power lefty that can perform consistently.

R35

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Well 'can't putt' for me means coming last and missing the cut behind a lanky girl,not second to Appleby.Anyway,power lefty who plays consistently? How about the number 4 in the world? He aint short.Or am I being arguementative again? Besided,no one called 'Bubba' will EVER win anything,its just too supid a name to write on a trophy.In fact,I would prefer someone called 'Dick' to win The Open,rather than have Bubba writeen on it.

psI don't believe in smilies

Shanky

Jan 21, 2006
yeh but bubba was in a playoff with robert allenby at the aus open and jsut choked and missed a 3 fotter to half the hole. what i just cant beleive is that his swing is just so unorthodox. his front leaves the ground on his backswing and is off the ground during is follow through. if it works for him he must have great control because i have tried it and i just hit massive slices.

🔥 Latest posts