• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Budget Driver Choice.

Ferrers

Jul 22, 2005
As a very high handicapper returning to the game , Im in the market for a budget Driver that is very forgiving.

Having visited my local golf store I noticed a couple of clubs within budget and wondered if anyone had any experience of either club they would like to share.

The clubs were

Ram FX9 460cc

And a Mizuno MP-001 460cc

Both of which were on retail for £99 not sure what that is in dollers im guessing about $150 or near about.

My main criteria is ease to hit , Distance and accurercy im hoping will come with time and practice.

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Stay away from the ram. It is ok but not good.

The mizuno is not real forgiving and hits the ball low.
Try to find a cobra ss 427 or a biggest big bertha and you would be much happier.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
edwin watts or golf smith has a liquid metal pj 330 for $50 or $60.its a pretty good driver i had one untill last yr.honestly i actually think i hit as far as my TM 580xd.as far as cheap drivers i would recommend it.

OP
F

Ferrers

Jul 22, 2005
Well Got a Driver.

Well , Iv just got a 2nd Hand Taylor Made TI 2 Bubble.

And am waiting for it to be delivered , it was pretty cheap but read quite alot of posative reviews for the old club the main factor of it being fairly forgiving for a slower swing.

Heres hoping :)

Triple-R

Worm Burner
Jul 11, 2005
I bought a Hippo 370 last year from acandemy sports (For 30.00 USD) and it is one of the most forgiving drivers I hace ever hit. By far the best 30 bucks I have ever spent.

🔥 Latest posts