• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Budget Ho

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Got yet another low priced driver from Ebay, we shall see. Got it more because I want to see what I think of the shaft than anything, yes I realize its an R-flex and I swing faster than that, but I will slow it down to see what I think of the shaft as a whole, at some point, if I like it I will put the S-flex in it. At least its not a through bore like the Callaway, so that might be something I can do without major trauma.

OP
Davebud

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
picture

Here is a shot of it, 23 bucks including shipping.
se driver.jpg

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Nice. What's the shaft in it? You'll find a 360cc a lot easier to control than a 460cc. I'm not sure what the deal even is with a 460cc. I can hit my 390cc driver further, more consistantly and way more workable than any 460 I've ever tried.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
That is a nice head, too. I have it in 400cc. It was one of GS's first .830 COR heads after they established the limit.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I'm starting too keep an eye on the highbores. Want to get an idea what they go for..$

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
I'm starting too keep an eye on the highbores. Want to get an idea what they go for..$

chalk up another victim of R35's propaganda machine...

(you won't be sorry if you pick one up)

:smilie_cl

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Me, Youngun and Rockford all have them, surely thats reason enough to buy 1.
:smilie_cl

Or reason not to. :D

Used, they're going for around $120 with the stock shaft, but a shaft swap is probably required. You'll also need a ball with lower spin to get some distance.

R35

OP
Davebud

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
The shaft is a UST Proforce 65, and if the Pro's will play a budget shaft like this one, then maybe I ought to give it a try. After all if I like it, it is one that I can talk myself into a lot easier.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
The shaft is a UST Proforce 65, and if the Pro's will play a budget shaft like this one, then maybe I ought to give it a try. After all if I like it, it is one that I can talk myself into a lot easier.

Furyk is still playing them, but at the show someone asked him about it and he said he is working with UST toward transitioning into the V2 and expects to be into the V2 sometime this spring.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country

Davebud

I had one of those in my TEE before I sold it to R35. It's not a bad shaft if you can "bend" it!! :D

HighTopFade

Sep 1, 2006
Budget Ho! I'm feeling this subject. It's cool to score older good stuff for cheap. I won a set of irons on eBay for $71. 1990 Taylor Made Tour Preferred T-D 2-SW in pretty good shape. I owned this set years back and regret selling it. The 2, 3, and 4 irons are considerably easy to hit. They're foam filled.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.