• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Buffalo beats New England?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Wow, miricles still happen, the Bills beat the Patriots. Might be somehing to having a smart QB, Harvard degree?

I didn't watch the game, last time I checked it was looking like a blow out in New Englands favor. But obviously the Bill's mounted a come-back and won, wow !!!!!!!!!!

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
The defensive team suddenly came back to life and mistreated Brady like their bitch. It's not that a surprise if you follow the history between these two teams (even though the Patriots have won like the last 15, the games have been quite close). Even with the best Patriots and the worst Bills, they always manage to make a good game. On the Patriots "Perfect Season" the Bills should have won that game but lost it because they dropped a pass in the in-zone that I still can't believe they dropped.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I bet Berman had to change pants after the game.

:D

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Brady is amazing. Ocho Sinco (sp?) dropped an easy TD toward the end of the game. The b Bills are getting there though, they are looking better better and Fitzpatrick looks good.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
49ers baby!!! 2-1, let's end the season now, we would have our 1st winning season in....years!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Buffalo has been INCREDIBLE in the second half of games. They were getting CRUSHED by Oakland AND New England in back-to-back weeks at Halftime, and came back to win both games. Unbelievable. If they could play a reasonable first half, they'd be scoring 50 a game.

I have to say though, I feel sorry for the team that has to take on New England after the Pats gave up a 21-0 lead. Bill and Tom will not be playing nice.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
What an interesting NFL season so far. Just try to pick some of these games! What happend to the Ravens in Week 2. Lions undefeated? Bills, likewise... after playing the Pats? 49ers? We knew the Chefs would stink it up, but this bad? There are NCAA teams that could beat the Chefs right now! Romo can't close? Cracked ribs? And Dallas wins with him hurt two weeks in a row. Newton sets all kinds of rooking passing records the first two weeks and loses both games. (Of course, he took a huge pay cut moving from Auburn to the Panthers.) The Jets get their butts handed to them by a nobody. Vikings, Dolphins, and Chefs will compete for the worst record in order to get the first draft choice.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
This is the type of football you want to watch. You never know who is going to win the next week! I wouldn't bet for anybody this season! Some games have gone under the radar, but have meant much more than the score. The Steelers win over Indianapolis was amazing (the game) due to the fact the Colts defense took over Pittsburgh, and they only lost due to the lack of a QB and only by a kick in the last 8 seconds. The Giants win over Philadelphia was amazing as well, due to the fact a "nobody" (Cruz) was able to catch two TD passes when covered by two of the best CB in the league at the same time!!!! That is too much to say!!!

I can't wait for every Sunday this year!!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
And the highly overated QB of the Eagles is finally showing his true colors. What are his stats so far this year?

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
And the highly overated QB of the Eagles is finally showing his true colors. What are his stats so far this year?

Well, he was injured last two games. I don't think Vick is a player you can judge by stats, but rather as the difference he makes being in and out of the game. He is a game changer really, but yes, he is a little bit over rated indeed.

But if we want to talk about QB overrating, what about Big Ben? If there is someone who really plays way under his image, that has to be the Steelers QB. He has to thank the great defence for keeping his mistakes under the radar.... Did you see him playing last week? Oh God!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, he was injured last two games. I don't think Vick is a player you can judge by stats, but rather as the difference he makes being in and out of the game. He is a game changer really, but yes, he is a little bit over rated indeed.

But if we want to talk about QB overrating, what about Big Ben? If there is someone who really plays way under his image, that has to be the Steelers QB. He has to thank the great defence for keeping his mistakes under the radar.... Did you see him playing last week? Oh God!

97 Rating. 67.6% completion. 9.8 Y/A. Multiple dropped passes (one that would have been a 1st down and probably touchdown) and 364 yards? All of this despite a non-existent running game? Behind his o-line? Week 1 I'll give you, but Xamilo, how long do you have to grind your little nonsense axe against Ben and the Steelers? That said, it's nice to see you haven't changed.

In related news: Fitzpatrick really has shown some guts. The Pats lost that as much as the Bills won it, but the Bills didn't let them get away with too much, which is a big change for that team. Really happy to see them and the Lions doing well.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
In case you missed it, Jeff is a steelers fan.

On another note, I am glad to see Alex Smith playing well. I thought he took unwarranted criticism, I mean the guy has had 2-3 coaches & 4-5 offensive coordinators since getting into the league.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
97 Rating. 67.6% completion. 9.8 Y/A. Multiple dropped passes (one that would have been a 1st down and probably touchdown) and 364 yards? All of this despite a non-existent running game? Behind his o-line? Week 1 I'll give you, but Xamilo, how long do you have to grind your little nonsense axe against Ben and the Steelers? That said, it's nice to see you haven't changed.

In related news: Fitzpatrick really has shown some guts. The Pats lost that as much as the Bills won it, but the Bills didn't let them get away with too much, which is a big change for that team. Really happy to see them and the Lions doing well.

I have nothing against the Steelers, I have something against a QB who some consider "elite" who really is far far away from the top QB like Brady, Brees or Rodgers (BTW, do you remember the discussion about Rodgers being better than Big Ben? hehehehe). Week one he was terrible. Week two he had good numbers because he was against the worst team in the NFL, Week three, well, he sucked again, so, I guess only time will tell, but for now, he is ranked UNDER Rex Grossman and Alex Smith, and the real stats give a rating of 85.5 over the season :D (2011 NFL Player Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN)

I know Jeff is a Steeler fan, but reality and facts (in numbers right now, or subjective if you watched any Steelers's game this season) speak for themselves.

I'm a Bears fan for example, but that doesn't mean I have to cheer my team to be awesome and blame the loses on the Ref calls (as some Bears fans who I know are doing now). I know my team sucks big time! I know we have worse receivers than the Girl's Catholic Summer Times High School Football Team! Oh, and don't even make me write about the OL.

BigJm, I have to say I have "liked" Alex Smith since he entered the league, but I really don't know if he is good at all. I know the twenty changes he has gone through make it difficult for him to establish a pattern and a system, but again, some "less hyped" QB have struggled much less in more complex systems. I hope I'm wrong and he turns up to be a great player after all, since that division really really needs some more power to make it competitive....

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.