• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bully Pulpit GC, North Dakota

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Somehow I lost a bunch of the pictures I took, but I still had two from my phone. These are from Bully Pulpit Golf Course in Medora, ND.

The first picture is a tee shot with at least a 50 foot drop down to the fairway.

The second picture is a tee shot that requires about 200 yards of carry.

There were numerous holes like this including a par 3 that was about 165 yards to a green built on top of a knoll. It was shaped like an cereal bowl flipped upside down.
Imported Photos 00004.jpg
Imported Photos 00005.jpg

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I gotta get down there and play that place with you. Even if I "have to" endure another golf trip in the summer. :D Maybe if we can swing it, we can do the rounds at BP, Hawktree and LOD.

The wife will love me! LOL.

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm up (and cleared) for a road trip

Can't do it this summer, Lyle. Barbados beckons in October and all my hall passes have been cashed in for the summer.

Next spring I might consider it. How far of a drive is it for you to get down there? It's gotta be 12 hours, through Fargo. A day's drive on each end. 3 days worth of golf. We could play two rounds a day at each stop. The 3-Play deal they have down there is downright crazy cheap. It's $140 to play all 3 courses (carts are extra). 6 rounds for $280!

R35

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I gotta get down there and play that place with you. Even if I "have to" endure another golf trip in the summer. :D Maybe if we can swing it, we can do the rounds at BP, Hawktree and LOD.

The wife will love me! LOL.

R35

Its amazing how cheap the Triple Challenge is. And all three courses are top notch in my opinion. I'm already planning a triple challenge trip for next year and if a whole slew of Shottalkers want to join thats fine by me. Its a pretty cheap trip and we can bbq and stay at my parents house to cut costs if anyone else is interested.

Rock, Bully has some really spectacular holes, but it doesn't quite "flow" like Hawktree. You need to play the Links of ND too. Many say its the best layout of the three. Some day, some day. We have a lot of golf ahead of us right!

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
bames, that course looks awesome. BTW, you're cell phone takes excellent pictures.

Thanks - the course has some really amazing holes. I wish I hadn't lost the other stinking pics. The pics are about the only part I like about my phone, and it does take some good ones (stinking BlackBerry) haha.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Can't do it this summer, Lyle. Barbados beckons in October and all my hall passes have been cashed in for the summer.

Next spring I might consider it. How far of a drive is it for you to get down there? It's gotta be 12 hours, through Fargo. A day's drive on each end. 3 days worth of golf. We could play two rounds a day at each stop. The 3-Play deal they have down there is downright crazy cheap. It's $140 to play all 3 courses (carts are extra). 6 rounds for $280!

R35

I dont think it would be that far. Its only 7.5 hours to Winnipeg and this shouldnt be much further going through the US. I could google map it I am too lazy at the moment. I need a road trip bad after the last 9 months I have had.

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I dont think it would be that far. Its only 7.5 hours to Winnipeg and this shouldnt be much further going through the US. I could google map it I am too lazy at the moment. I need a road trip bad after the last 9 months I have had.

LyleG - I open to having you visit for a golf weekend if you're interested. Just PM me and lets see if we can make it happen.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Its amazing how cheap the Triple Challenge is. And all three courses are top notch in my opinion. I'm already planning a triple challenge trip for next year and if a whole slew of Shottalkers want to join thats fine by me. Its a pretty cheap trip and we can bbq and stay at my parents house to cut costs if anyone else is interested.

Rock, Bully has some really spectacular holes, but it doesn't quite "flow" like Hawktree. You need to play the Links of ND too. Many say its the best layout of the three. Some day, some day. We have a lot of golf ahead of us right!

I'm going to make it happen sometime. I don't mind hotelling it either, but costs can be an issue of course.

What I like about those courses is that they remind me of a lot of what we have around here. The familiarity of them makes them somewhat more inviting, but i still like trying new things.

We should see if we can't make this happen in '11. Plus, if Lyle comes, we can hit the Bismarck Zoo and see some of his relatives.

R35

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I'm going to make it happen sometime. I don't mind hotelling it either, but costs can be an issue of course.

What I like about those courses is that they remind me of a lot of what we have around here. The familiarity of them makes them somewhat more inviting, but i still like trying new things.

We should see if we can't make this happen in '11. Plus, if Lyle comes, we can hit the Bismarck Zoo and see some of his relatives.

R35

I'll help put it together. Bring your buddy again, and I'll get Eddie to join us. If Lyle can stay with his family at the zoo that frees up another room for someone else...good thinking Rock. You're always one step ahead.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'll help put it together. Bring your buddy again, and I'll get Eddie to join us. If Lyle can stay with his family at the zoo that frees up another room for someone else...good thinking Rock. You're always one step ahead.

My friend will be in about month 6 of second kid territory. My guess is "he's out". LOL.

I can always get someone to tag along. No shortage of golfers.

Or, i'll tag up with Lyle and we'll have an international match. Losers buy lunch.

T

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
My friend will be in about month 6 of second kid territory. My guess is "he's out". LOL.

I can always get someone to tag along. No shortage of golfers.

Or, i'll tag up with Lyle and we'll have an international match. Losers buy lunch.

T

Now THAT would be fun. We can have a mini tourney for each course. Either stroke, or best ball, or scramble. Or just play straight up too. Good idea.

🔥 Latest posts