• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Burner tp 3 wood

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
First of all, thanks a lot extreme, always a pleasure to buy from you.

I had been wanting to try an accuflex evo for a long time, and this presented itself. I hoped that the stiff tip would help me control the wild ball flights I was getting from my G5 3 wood with a PL blue.

This club looks stellar. The graphics on top look great, IMO, and the almost pearlescent color of the evo really goes good with the clubhead.

Anyway, I took it to the range yesterday and warmed up a little with PW; I was striking the ball very well. I made my way up through the bag and then took my first shot with the burner. Perfect, mid penetrating trajectory, 3 yard fade. And again, and again, and again. Dropped my right foot back a little, and got penetrating 5 yard draws. I mishit one shot way off the toe, and it didn't come back, but I didn't expect it to. This is a tp club. ;)

I love the feel of the evo, I was thinking it might be a little boardy, and it is, but it still feels great. I much prefer the feel to that of the PL.

If anyone wants some pics of it, LMK and I will get some up.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
sounds good. :)

i love my r7 tp also. the square face oozes confidence. the only thing that i would be worried about if i were to get a burner 3 wood, is the face height. i cant stand hitting tall faced fairways off the deck.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Maybe the regular burner has a deep face, but this one is not that deep, maybe mid at most. I have no trouble with it off the deck.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
sounds good. :)

i love my r7 tp also. the square face oozes confidence. the only thing that i would be worried about if i were to get a burner 3 wood, is the face height. i cant stand hitting tall faced fairways off the deck.

The Burners definitely do not have a tall face. I just measured my 3w & it's 1.375".

🔥 Latest posts