• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Burner TP??

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So I am kinda in the market for a new driver head. Was looking at going back to the R5 TP, but thats no fun LOL. Was looking at the Burner TP, last years (maybe last year) model- not the tour burner. Has anybody hit the Burner TP? What were your thoughts? Anything would be appreciated-I'm just curious-thanks!

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Some people rave over it. It's a rather high launching head though, and many people think the same.

The Tour Burner is definately one of the better heads that they've come out with, since the SuperQuad TP or along those lines.

I had one.. Launched so high I needed sunglasses on to stare into the sun.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Are we talking the '07 Burner TP? If so, I've hit it and really liked it. Only had the stock TP Superfast shaft in it but still felt good. Average launch angle for me was 14.1* with a 9.5* head. I think with a slightly stiffer shaft I could've got that down to a really good 13 - 13.5* and hit long 5 yard draw bombs all day. Can be had for a steal now too (as with all TM products over 4 months old)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I've had 2 of them. Pretty similar to the R5TP IMO. I had a 9.5* with a VS Proto 70S in it. Seemed to launch fairly high with mid spin. Face on mine was pretty square, not overly open at all. I think you'd get along well with it coming from the R5TP.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.