• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Burton cart bag

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Just picked up a Burton Apex cart bag, getting real tired of the TaylorMade stand bag with clubs getting hung up coming out & sometimes being a real bitch to slide bag in.

This new bag has 14 full length dividers plus the putter tube, 14 storage pockets...not that I store that much crap, good sized cooler pocket, etc.

It was on sale for $129 at Dicks & i compared it with a $139 Datrek that had similar features. The Burton appears to be a lot better built & is definitely heavier which isn't a concern with a cart bag.

View attachment aep_yimg_com_ca_I_golfbagplace_2059_642190

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
NICE CHOICE!

I just got this exact bag in the color I'm typing in. I really, REALLY love it. My only gripe is that 75% of the 14 pockets are too small or oddly shaped to really put anything in. But the cooler pocket is big enough for at LEAST 2 bottled drinks, or even a 32oz powerade. Lots of storage space for little trinkets, a putter well, and the 14 FULL LENGTH dividers.

I love it. Too bad the only other board member with the same bag is a jerk-off like you :D

What color did you get it in?

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I like that bag... Not crazy about the putter tube... I think they look strange as hell.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
NICE CHOICE!

I just got this exact bag in the color I'm typing in. I really, REALLY love it. My only gripe is that 75% of the 14 pockets are too small or oddly shaped to really put anything in. But the cooler pocket is big enough for at LEAST 2 bottled drinks, or even a 32oz powerade. Lots of storage space for little trinkets, a putter well, and the 14 FULL LENGTH dividers.

I love it. Too bad the only other board member with the same bag is a jerk-off like you :D

What color did you get it in?

I got the only one they had in stock which was the moss/black one. I actually like it but my wife thinks it's hideous.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I like that bag... Not crazy about the putter tube... I think they look strange as hell.

They may look strange, but my cart bag has spoiled me. I walked 18 today with my Bennington carry bag on my pull cart. Man its aggravating trying to put and pull my putter out after having the putter tube.

Nice looking bag, sweet pick up

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I've been schlepping a big ol' bag similar to that for a couple of years. I'll never throw it over my shoulder & try to carry it, but I'm OK with that. Lot's of room for really important stuff, like a quart of "cough medicine".

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I have a TMX cart bag, and while it's got plenty of room.. I'm thinkin' I might like the club seperations like on that bag, or the Ogio like my playing partner picked up.

Sans the gay putter tube, though.

Skiddlydiddly

Jul 17, 2007
Nice! I have to get something with full length dividers. You think your clubs get stuck in your divider-less carry bag, try adding a 7-year olds clubs into the same bag. They fall into the bag and you have to take all the clubs out to get 'em out.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
They may look strange, but my cart bag has spoiled me. I walked 18 today with my Bennington carry bag on my pull cart. Man its aggravating trying to put and pull my putter out after having the putter tube.

Nice looking bag, sweet pick up

I hate that my big ass putter grip won't fit in my putter tube. So I keep a ball retriever in it, and everyone that sees me probably thinks I'm a douchebag that doesn't know it's supposed to be for a putter.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I got one of those ball retrievers.. I refuse to bring it with me.. Dunno why.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I got one of those ball retrievers.. I refuse to bring it with me.. Dunno why.

I used to, but now that I play the muni a lot I've started carrying it -- crap-ton of poison ivy in those woods, and the course is crazy tight on several holes so end up in there a decent amount. I realized I was losing enough money in balls that I wasn't really saving much money playing at the crappy muni instead of the nice course.

🔥 Latest posts