• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bushnell Pinseeker 1500 question...

invinceible42

Apr 6, 2009
Hi Guys,

Long time reader, first time poster!

I just received a Bushnell Pinseeker 1500 rangefinder I ordered off Ebay, and I was under the impression it was the Tournament edition as thats what the seller said.

However, underneath the normal yardage in the viewfinder is what appears to be the slope function. When I aim it, if I hold it down for a few more seconds a - or + degree will pop in with a different yardage.

Is there a way to tell the difference without the box? I don't play Tournaments so it doesn't bother me, I am just curious.

Thanks guys.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Not sure I understand your question. Just in case you were not clear of the "Slope" Funtion, it calculates how far the hole plays based on elevation.

So for example, if you have say 165 yards to the pin and are aiming the device downwards say maybe 10 degrees, it may give you a calculation that the yardage actually plays maybe 155.

So you could do it on your own, but would likely need a calculator (or computer) and the algorithm. It basically is just doing a calculation based on the distance and the angle you are aiming.

... and as you seem to be aware, it would be illegal in tournament play.
awww.bushnellgolf.com_images_slope.jpg

OP
I

invinceible42

Apr 6, 2009
Jayhawk,

Thanks for the reply.

I guess to rephrase the question;

I thought I ordered a tournament edition, this one appears to have slope, but the device doesn't say slope or tournament as far as I can tell. Where would it say on the actual device since I don't have the original box, I ordered it used from ebay.

I am just not sure if this is the slope edition, and I would like to know if what I am seeing is the adjustment.

Yeah, i don't play competitively so I don't really care if it is for that reason, it would be pretty cool if it is the slope edition seeing as I paid TE price.

My cousins are huge KU fan, I went to Indiana, but Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Frank

Edit:

If that image in your post Jayhawk is the slope edition, thats what mine looks like.

Thanks for the help.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Edit:

If that image in your post Jayhawk is the slope edition, thats what mine looks like.

Thanks for the help.
That is an image from Bushnell's site and is the Slope edition. May be able to find more info and download the manuals here to determine what you need.
Bushnell Golf - Customer Support

My guess is that if it even says slope, it would be the slope edition, could probably also cross reference a model # to know for sure. It should be different

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Looks like the Tournament model is 205102 and the slope model is 205103. Not sure where it would be printed.

For my Yardage Pro Tour it is listed on the bottom in small print under sku #. If it has something different do a google search on that number.

Golf_Facts

Jul 8, 2009
If you have the Bushnell Range finder in your hands you can look on the belly side of the range finder and there will be a logo plate that will state the model number.

20-5102- Non-slope model
20-5103- Slope model

keithpbz

Nov 18, 2007
Next to the eyepiece in the top left corner it will say slope in small writing

Members online

No members online now.