• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Buy or build?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
In need of some advice here. I'm torn between building a 3 and 4 Maltby KE4 hybrid, or buying a used 3 & 4 hybrid Cobra Baffler, (about the same price either way). I've never built a club before, even though I have all the components to build a Maltby 7 wood and putter as soon as the putter head gets off back order.

Also, should my hybrids be shafted with the same shaft I play in my irons, or a graphite shaft?

Lastly, is it possible to trim the shaft to length with a hack saw or a regular electric table saw, or do you need a shaft saw like they sell on GolfWorks?

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
Lastly, is it possible to trim the shaft to length with a hack saw or a regular electric table saw, or do you need a shaft saw like they sell on GolfWorks?

depends on the shaft - a steel shaft you can cut with just about anything - including a pipe cutter- I have a $4 blade on my miter saw that I use for steel and graphite (just don't breathe in the graphite dust)

I'm sure you could put the same blade in a table saw if you don't have a miter saw

people use hack saws or rod saws too though

🔥 Latest posts