• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

buy Ping G5s for good deal or holdout

jabennett92

Jun 15, 2008
Ping G5 deal at some different spots looks tempting...even have blue dots...

i play titleist dci oversize (1/2 extenstion, 1 deg upright). love them. have upgraded woods/hybrids thru the years and only retired the 2 iron. think its time to get some new technology. fearful that the g5 is totally unworkable...thoughts?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I had the G5's and didn't really get along with them that well... Same with sssmokin. We both switched this summer (Ping S59's and G10's) and they are working better for us. Not Ping's best ever irons IMHO. I3's, Eye2's and now the G10's are their best and I've never hit any iron as good as my S59's. My 2 cents.... :) (The G5's can be worked but not very easily... S59's or S58's are their clubs for the guys that "can" work it)... :)

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I agree with WBL that the G5 is not all that workable but I will have to disagree regarding the G5 overall. The G5 is superb IF it fits your swing. They have a ton of bounce so if you have a steep swing then the sole configuration should work really well for you.

If you're looking for a deal on some PINGs that are workable then I would look at the i5. The i5 is priced at the same price point as the G5 right now but they're just not advertising it as much. The other option would be to look for used sets over on Global Golf.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
i5's might be a good choice as they're also available at a good deal right now.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Never thought to recommend the i5's. Those would be ideal for someone who wants to work the ball. Less bounce and offset then the G5's and smaller heads so should be good. :)

🔥 Latest posts