• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

By all appearances.... SUCCESS!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Well, the new knee is in place. And... I woke up! Those two results should be plenty to be thankful for.

They put me out early last Tuesday morning. Operation only took about 1 1/2 hours. Said I tried to come out of the anesthetic a little early and had some trouble with pain. I sure don't remember!!! The drugs they use, today, are awesome.

Don't remember much about the rest of Tuesday. Finally began to find the real world about 4 a.m. Wednesday morning. Kids and grandkids and friends stopped by to see me on Tuesday. I don't remember any of them. But, wanted breakfast on Wednesday morning.

By 9 a.m. Wednesday morning, they had me up walking around the hospital room. By 11 a.m. was hiking down the corrider. Had a mild physical therapy session 1:30. Ate a steak fajita for supper and was sent home by 6 p.m. on Wednesday.

The past couple of days were sorta a fog. I think I still had quite a bit of the "good drugs" in my system. Haven't been taking but a single pain pill each evening. Walking all around the house, out in the driveway, out on the deck... all steadied by a walker. But, have no trouble with steps or getting in and out of a vehicle. And... did I mention... no pain!!!!

With a 7" long incision, held together by staples, I have a lot less pain than I had before the surgery. They tell me to enjoy that... NOW... 'cause when physical therapy starts next week things will get mean!!!

Bruised... swollen... but so glad I had the procedure done. Looking forward to being able to navigate a golf course with only the pain of a few bad shots. It's simply amazing how a hacksaw, half-inch drill, some epoxy, and some new parts can replace something like a knee joint... completely. We are so blessed to live in a time when we can be given the opportunity to enjoy life without some of the pain our forefathers suffered.

At least until we suffer through some physical therapy... we'll remain "Limpalong"!! But, I'm trusting the moniker will be just that... not a descriptive term for much longer.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Great to hear, you ol' fart. Now at least you'll be fast enough to get out of your own way when you break wind. Must've been hell to cream your shorts and have to sit there fermenting in it!

I'm genuinely happy for you. Now get out and MOVE!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Good news indeed Limp. Is the physical therapy actually required or just recommended?

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
:needpics:

Glad to hear the surgery went well. I hate those physical terrorists.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Great news limp! I'm sure when the therapy starts you'll have a few elequent words for us. And if Tiger can go through it .... awe never mind. :D

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Great news, Limp!!!!

And, good luck with the therapy, my friend!!

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Don't underestimate the therapy. Physical therapy is as important or more than the surgery itself.

Good luck limp!

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Good news indeed Limp. Is the physical therapy actually required or just recommended?

Prescribed by the surgeon... I would say required. Certainly, we live in a free society where I could choose to not participate in the PT. Everyone I have visited with, however, says the ultimate success of a full joint replacement is the adherence to the PT regimine.

I would much rather curse the forefathers of those who have chosen the calling as physical therapists... and have the recovery much more successfull... then wimp out.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Great news limp! I'm sure when the therapy starts you'll have a few elequent words for us. And if Tiger can go through it .... awe never mind. :D

Yeah, but just remember the "Swedish therapy" TW had to assist him towards recovery!!!!!:wow::wow:

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Prescribed by the surgeon... I would say required. Certainly, we live in a free society where I could choose to not participate in the PT. Everyone I have visited with, however, says the ultimate success of a full joint replacement is the adherence to the PT regimine.

Indeed. As I said, its more important than the surgery itself (almost).

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Great to hear, you ol' fart. Now at least you'll be fast enough to get out of your own way when you break wind. Must've been hell to cream your shorts and have to sit there fermenting in it!

I'm genuinely happy for you. Now get out and MOVE!

On the light side... I've carried a couple stainless steel screws in that knee since a construction accident in 1977. The screws needed to be removed to make room for the new joint. After having had the screws part of me for 32 years, I inisisted they be saved and sent home with me.

After waking up, the nurses were quick to point out the plastic cup that was to go home with me. Inside the small cup were the two screws. One of the nurses told me the screws had not been sterilized. Told me not to leave them behind if I held up a bank on my way home from the hospital... as they would have my DNA on them. I think that same smart mouth nurse was the one who direct cathetered me.... twice!!!!!!!:emot-ange:emot-ange:emot-ange

🔥 Latest posts