• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bye Bye <--Pro V1-->

Bignose

Oct 23, 2006
I doubt it will come to complete disappearance -- you know how lawyers always ask really, really high. I mean, look at this recent example Katrina victim sues U.S. for $3 quadrillion - U.S. business - MSNBC.com -- a lawsuit seeking $3 quadrillion dollars in suffering (the exact number is $3,014,170,389,176,410).

But, I wouldn't be surprised if Titleist isn't forced to pay Callaway like $1 or $2 maybe even $3 or $4 a ball for every single ProV1 or ProV1x sold. And, if they want to keep selling the balls, they'd have to keep paying.

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
The thing im worried about is that Titleist is the only one ahead of Callaway for balls played, Callaway probly has the aim to destroy their competition in this one, as they do not need the money obv by the amount theyre throwing at their pros.

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
Great. Pay Callaway $2 or 3 for each Pro V1? Just great. Golf balls are already hideously expensive.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
For some reason, I find this whole thing humorous. Didn't they ban the Rule 35, anyway?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Interesting, since it appears that Callaway has already proven infringement.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
It will be interesting to see what the courts come up with as a final resolution. Achusnet is guilty, and they should have to pay. The question is, how much? With the Pro V1 being the top selling ball on the planet, I believe Callaway (Top Flite) should be properly compensated. If it means Titleist loses all its profits made on the ball since inception, so be it. If it means Titleist can no longer produce the balls, so be it.

Maybe Titleist will be able to come up with a ball design on its own the next time around and not steal someone else's ideas. If the thought of playing another ball that does not say Titleist on it bothers you, it shouldn't. You have been playing an overpriced re-labeled Strata for years now. :laugh:

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
A loss of this magnitude could very well send Titleist to the grave. You would here a news story of a drunken man running down the main street in Regina screaming "yeee haw" at the top of his lungs if this happens.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
A loss of this magnitude could very well send Titleist to the grave. You would here a news story of a drunken man running down the main street in Regina screaming "yeee haw" at the top of his lungs if this happens.

I would love to see the jaw drop when after the Titleist fall, Scotty shifts gears and starts putting the Callaway/Odyssey name on his putters.:laugh:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

I might actually rent a horse for that event.

I would love to see the jaw drop when after the Titleist fall, Scotty shifts gears and starts putting the Callaway/Odyssey name on his putters.:laugh:

Doesn't Scotty already copy Callaway/Odyssey designs? He's got Ping's number already....:laugh:

R35

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
I'm glad TM makes golfballs now. Those will probably be the ball of choice for me. No helping Callaway buy buying their equimpment. Thats it lets not buy anything Callaway. haha

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm glad TM makes golfballs now. Those will probably be the ball of choice for me. No helping Callaway buy buying their equimpment. Thats it lets not buy anything Callaway. haha

You know that Callaway owns Top Flite, right? :laugh:

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.