• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

C3i 65 sand wedge

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Well, I got to try this out on two days this week where the course opened.

C3i 65° Wedge | C3i Golf

First tried it like jhmeg2 taught me (ball off of left foot) and it got me out but UGLY. Not like the video showed. Then moved the ball to center of stance and it worked much better. Still not totally sold on it but only got in two bunkers in the two days so couldn't test it anymore.. Hated it off the grass. Too short and do much better with my normal wedge. So will keep trying in the sand when I can get out again and will follow up.

WWBDD

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2013
Country
Canada Canada
Such a tool is meant to get the ball up and out ... and hopefully on the green.

As such, I know many a player who should have this club.

I would imagine that shots off the fairway or rough go straight up in the air.

I'm not quite feeble enough to need one of these (yet), but I have the gateway wedges ... TM ATVs.

one_chip_short

Misplaced Texan
Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2017
Glendale, Az
Country
Used it on the course last weekend (just have not had time to update here) ... in the sand traps I have to admit it got out like they said. I found I needed to hit it like a fairway bunker, i.e., pick relatively clean. If I hit behind it a little, the club seem to go underneath the ball and it stayed in the bunker.

The jury is still out, around the green it was just too much loft at 65. The farthest I could get it to go was about 50 yards.

I am anxious to try the Callaway sure out ... I like the idea of the 58 degree after playing the C3i.

WWBDD

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2013
Country
Canada Canada
Used it on the course last weekend (just have not had time to update here) ... in the sand traps I have to admit it got out like they said. I found I needed to hit it like a fairway bunker, i.e., pick relatively clean. If I hit behind it a little, the club seem to go underneath the ball and it stayed in the bunker.

The jury is still out, around the green it was just too much loft at 65. The farthest I could get it to go was about 50 yards.

I am anxious to try the Callaway sure out ... I like the idea of the 58 degree after playing the C3i.

I can only say good things about the TM ATVs.

I play them like I would any other wedge, but they are super forgiving ... which is good ... because I'm a hack.

ATV1.jpg

one_chip_short

Misplaced Texan
Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2017
Glendale, Az
Country
Well dumb me walks into PGA Super Store looking for the Callaway sure out ... they don't have any. Good thing I live within a mile of the store.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
OK. Gotta say it. This thing works. Still got to learn how hard to hit it but it gets you out.

one_chip_short

Misplaced Texan
Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2017
Glendale, Az
Country
I have to be careful not go under it in the sand traps. I do believe it does what is advertised ... just got to spend a bit of time to get use it.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Today it either got me out too far or not at all. Might still need a new Ping Glide. This was firm sand. Either stays in with a light swing or goes to far with a stronger swing. ??????????????

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Got out of one bunker beautifully and another too far. The juries still out on it.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
This thing totally sucks. Don't buy one. You can put the exact same swing on it five times and every one will be different distance. Piece of junk and BS marketing. Anybody wants it I'll GIVE it to them. Next thing to ho is a new Ping Glide wedge.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I met a south Florida Indian yesterday who wants to get rid of his arrows & buy a shotgun, should he?

🔥 Latest posts