• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cabrera / Garcia longer putter questions

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
I didn't see much of the Masters as I was working, but it seemed that Angel Cabrera was using a putter longer than standard, but not anchoring it in his belly. I could be wrong, but that's what I thought it looked like.

In this week's Golf World, on page 64, Sergio Garcia indicates that he has been experimenting with a putter that extends four inches above his hands. His quote, "It feels better, helps me load the club".

I thought I heard Brandel Chamblee talking about Cabrera, "loading the putter", too.

What does this mean with regard to a putter? What is the player hoping to gain? Would a counterweight accomplish the same thing as the added length?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
The extra length helps stop the wrist's break even if it's not anchord, I tried this over the winter with a Scotty Mid Sur and it helps promote a rock of the shoulders type action.... not sure what they mean by loading it though.

immacook

Mar 13, 2009
I recently took my odyssey two ball srt and had the 35 inch shaft extended about 1.5 inches then had a winn 21 inch belly putter grip applied. I do not anchor it into the belly. I have it so it just barely touches my belly. I feel it helps keep my head and shoulders down through the putting stroke. I have only been using it a couple weeks now, but so far.. so good.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online