• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cabrera wins The 2007 European Tour Shot of the Year

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Angel Cabrera’s spectacular approach to the 15th hole at Oakmont Country Club, which helped secure the Argentine’s first Major victory in the US Open Championship, has been voted The European Tour Shot of the Year for 2007.

The superb nine iron from 169 yards in the final round finished just 18 inches behind the hole for a vital birdie, and was considered the best shot of the year by a panel comprising TV, Radio, media and The European Tour.

That shot gave Cabrera the lead at a crucial time and enabled him to become the first golfer from Argentina in 40 years to land a Major Championship.

Cabrera said: "I had the perfect yardage for a nine iron and was able to attack the pin with a little fade and you can tell from my reaction immediately afterwards that I knew I had almost holed it. I was delighted to be left with a tap-in for a birdie, which put me three shots clear with three holes to play. Looking back, that shot was possibly the most important I played in that final round."

So...

Senor Cabrera hits a 9 iron 169 yards most times, YIKES! That's a solid 6 iron for me. Must be those Pings!!:)

xmasgolf

Dec 17, 2007
A.C. Stood up for the average working joe with his U.S.Open victory.Strong as a bull,without 5 am. jogs to the gym to work out for a hour or 3.lol.Polite to galleries,always stopping in practice rounds to answer a ? or two.Wears his emotions on his sleeve.BUT...sure would like to see him get rid of the smokes! It's his life to make choices,I realize that but we need guys like him,and not just in golf,but life.:laugh:

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I think he already quit smoking. Like Arnold and Jack before him, after seeing TV of himself puffing on a smoke, he decided to quit.

It's been 6 months for me, and several times a day I have an incredible urge to fire one up. Thank goodness for chewing gum.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.