• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway 814 Alpha Driver

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Boy have I got this figured out. Today I was hitting most every drive straight down the middle and none under 250 yards measured with gps. Outdrove the club "ace" all day long.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Tried my Bio Cell today just for the heck of it. Hit it just as good as the Alpha 815. I guess you fix your swing it works for everything. :rolleyes:

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Tried my Bio Cell today just for the heck of it. Hit it just as good as the Alpha 815. I guess you fix your swing it works for everything. :rolleyes:

Yep...............get a driver that fits your swing, put a good swing on it and almost anything from about 1995 on will work. Once titanium was developed so that cup faces and advanced welding techniques allowed for spring effect, (graphite shafts came a long way as well), drivers are all pretty good. All the other advancements (adjustable lofts. moveable weights, etc) have only tweaked performance.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Update on review of this driver. Have had my 815 Alpha for a few months. Took a while to get adjusted to it. Wasn't an overly exciting honeymoon period. Slowly, the driver has grown on me. Well, maybe it's that it has taken this old man a while to understand how to hit driver again.

The last few times out, the 815 Alpha has really performed well. This morning I missed one.... ONE fairway. The son-in-law threatened, twice, to break the shaft in my driver. He swears it's an illegal club. With the 816 Alpha out, there should be some 815's showing up in used bins. If you get a chance, try hitting the 815.

I still have my G20, a BioCell, and my old HiBore 2-wood if the Alpha hiccups. The way things are going right now, those backup drivers will never again see the light of day.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Update on review of this driver. Have had my 815 Alpha for a few months. Took a while to get adjusted to it. Wasn't an overly exciting honeymoon period. Slowly, the driver has grown on me. Well, maybe it's that it has taken this old man a while to understand how to hit driver again.

The last few times out, the 815 Alpha has really performed well. This morning I missed one.... ONE fairway. The son-in-law threatened, twice, to break the shaft in my driver. He swears it's an illegal club. With the 816 Alpha out, there should be some 815's showing up in used bins. If you get a chance, try hitting the 815.

I still have my G20, a BioCell, and my old HiBore 2-wood if the Alpha hiccups. The way things are going right now, those backup drivers will never again see the light of day.
I'm also (still) in love with this driver. Best driver I've ever had and that's saying alot.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Weren't both of you saying the EXACT same things about the bio cell?
remember who you're talking too. They said the same thing about these.

$_35.JPG

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Weren't both of you saying the EXACT same things about the bio cell?
Still have the BioCell. It's a solid driver. Just hit the 815 Alpha better... and a little longer. Not saying that if the 815 hiccups, the BioCell may see daylight again.

🔥 Latest posts