• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway Driver question for R35

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
This year they have about 40 drivers and tour models of each. I know you are up on the whole story so here's the list, tell us a little about each one and pick which one you'd go with, even if it's the one you already play. Thanks!

Razr Hawk driver

Razr Hawk tour driver

FT-iz driver

FT-iz tour driver

FT Tour driver

Diablo Octane driver

Limited Edition Diablo Octane black tour driver

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
R35 would play the 910 D3 if it had a chevron alignment aid on it instead of a triangle ;-)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
This year they have about 40 drivers and tour models of each. I know you are up on the whole story so here's the list, tell us a little about each one and pick which one you'd go with, even if it's the one you already play. Thanks!

Razr Hawk driver

Razr Hawk tour driver

FT-iz driver

FT-iz tour driver

FT Tour driver

Diablo Octane driver

Limited Edition Diablo Octane black tour driver

The Razr Hawk is essentially a driver that fits between the FT Tour (players driver) and the Diablo Octane. The FT-Iz is the replacement for the FT-i.

The Razr Hawk Tour will replace the FT Tour after this year. The Diablo Octane is a bit more forgiving than the RAZR, and will fit into more guy's games.

If I had to pick one to play, it would be the FT Tour, but the RAZR Hawk Tour is right up there. The rest of them don't fit my eye.

The Tour versions are measured in half degree lofts and have square to open faces and more "neutral" weighting. The non-Tour versions come in whole lofts and are more draw biased, and also feature more closed faces to help with a slice.

R35 would play the 910 D3 if it had a chevron alignment aid on it instead of a triangle ;-)

I wouldn't play any of them if it had an alignment aid. I loathe alignment aids.

That said, the D2 is better for my swing (need a bit more spin for better carry).

R35

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
WBL if you're thinking about an FTiz in i-mix, PM me before you buy it.....may have a super deal for ya.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
The Razr Hawk is essentially a driver that fits between the FT Tour (players driver) and the Diablo Octane. The FT-Iz is the replacement for the FT-i.

The Razr Hawk Tour will replace the FT Tour after this year. The Diablo Octane is a bit more forgiving than the RAZR, and will fit into more guy's games.

If I had to pick one to play, it would be the FT Tour, but the RAZR Hawk Tour is right up there. The rest of them don't fit my eye.

The Tour versions are measured in half degree lofts and have square to open faces and more "neutral" weighting. The non-Tour versions come in whole lofts and are more draw biased, and also feature more closed faces to help with a slice.

I wouldn't play any of them if it had an alignment aid. I loathe alignment aids.

That said, the D2 is better for my swing (need a bit more spin for better carry).

R35

The loft's have changed with the new line Pal. The Razr Hawk non-Tour's are now half lofts as well as the Tour's, probably the same with the Octane's. I've recieved my Razr Hawk Tour today, it arrived whilst I was out on the course playing with Barkz. I borrowed his FT Tour and hit it very well, just hoping the RHT is an improvement on the FTT which was already a great club.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The loft's have changed with the new line Pal. The Razr Hawk non-Tour's are now half lofts as well as the Tour's, probably the same with the Octane's.

This is outside convention for Callaway. Being that I almost never look at the non-Tour product, this was my overstatement - I stand corrected.

Interesting that they offer the RH non-Tour in 13.5*. That's more than my 3W.

R35

MercMan

Dec 28, 2010
I'm lovin my FT Tour 9.5. Kind of wish they would make something with a smaller head though, still looks a little too big for me. On a slightly different note has anyone tried the Razr tour Hybrid, I picked up a 3 and it is great, 230 and dropping it out of the Ozone layer

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm lovin my FT Tour 9.5. Kind of wish they would make something with a smaller head though, still looks a little too big for me. On a slightly different note has anyone tried the Razr tour Hybrid, I picked up a 3 and it is great, 230 and dropping it out of the Ozone layer

The RAZR hybrid is the only club that I would consider putting in my bag right now. Everything else I have little interest in. But that thing is just sweet (in the 2H model).

R35

Members online