• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway Epic Max driver

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I’ve really wanted to like Cally drivers but much like ping drivers, I’ve just never gotten along with them. I did buy a PXG 0211 and so far it’s been ok. Still keeping my trusty M2 on standby though.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Two things Gerry:

It was like after the honeymoon is over the bride starts eating bon bons and gets chubby and can't do all the stuff previously.
What stuff are you talking about? Please explain!

I've been wanting to try a heavier shaft in stiff flex
Try this - rocket ship! Avalon 7 Wood
Well if this "experiment" doesn't work I might. Is that your magic shaft now?

When the wife grabs the ceiling fan and twirls?

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I’ve really wanted to like Cally drivers but much like ping drivers, I’ve just never gotten along with them. I did buy a PXG 0211 and so far it’s been ok. Still keeping my trusty M2 on standby though.
Much like yourself Jim, I've never been able to get along with Ping woods, like them and have tried them on several occasions. Just a relationship that never worked out.

I’ve gamed several Callaway drivers over the years, some were much better than others. Loved the X460 and the original Steelhead fairway woods! Played an FT-9 for a while too, it was a great club. The FT-iz experiment didn’t last, it sounded awful! Then they kinda lost me with the i-mix system... it was way too confusing for me.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
rusty switched me shafts to a Mitsubishi (see below). My KBS still isn't here. In any case this shaft is a stiff flex and I'm back to hitting awesome drives again. (Well for me anyway.)

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Got my original shaft back for this driver. I spent hours on jhmeg'2's launch monitor and it all said the KBS was all wrong for me. I did shorter the Cypher shaft an inch from the fitting. I'm getting old and don't like it.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Gettin' old ain't all that bad. It's just that Ping is the best. And, if you eat breakfast before playing golf, it's the best color of roses. The other day, I believe it's sometime next week, we're going to visit with Ronnie Reagan as he rides into town on the train. He's the best Governor Louisiana ever had! Met some of those Cajuns from North Dakota. Now, that's one beautiful State. Borders right on the Great Lakes, if'n I remember correctly. Used to land some big ol' marlin outta that lake. Heck! Musta weighed 15 or 20 pounds!

Not sure what your question was, son. Ask me again and I'll answer it for you.....

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Have a par 5 (number 7) that if you're old and can reach the sand trap from the golds you've done good. I hit one down the middle yesterday 30 yards past the sand trap. The Epic Max is back in the bag for good. I would guess it had to be 265 or so. (Then I hit a nice 3-wood and iron and had 5 feet for birdie.... I 3-putt.) :poop:

🔥 Latest posts