• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway ERC fusion..good or bad???

dukejh12

May 19, 2007
My uncle just picked up a Callaway ERC fusion on ebay for 60 bucks shipped? This used to be a 500 dollar driver. Is this a good driver or what. If i hit his well I would pick one up for 60 bucks but I hit my r580xd pretty well.

Also he got a set of Bridgestone Game Improvement irons that once retailed for 700 bucks for only 200 bucks. Gotta love ebay.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I can't say from personal experience, but from what I've heard...

Don't get rid of your 580XD.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The Fusion is.....weird.

You hit one nice shot, then the next is just crap, even if it feels like you hit it off the screws. Great feel, but the ball is night and day from one stroke to the next. Similar to the ERC II.

Not many drivers from Callaway get thumbs down from me, but this was one of them. Steelhead Plus and ERC II were others....IMO...

R35

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Get an FT3 Tour fusion instead. ;)

If you find one for $60, he'll probably buy it...
icon12.gif

OP
dukejh12

dukejh12

May 19, 2007
lol..reviews seem mixed on all the sites. of course you can never tell though because theres always the guys that say.."went from driving 230 pulls and slices to 320 right up the middle thanks to this callaway erc fusion."

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
My brother used to work at Drummond Golf (probably Australias biggest golf chain) in the Melbourne CBD when these were released and they sat on the stand for months. I believe his words were "Pure shite!"

But then, one mans trash is anothers treasure.

It's worth paying $60 and reselling for $40 (at worst) to find out.....

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.