• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway fairways, driver and wedges for March 06

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Rumours have it that Callaway is releasing an X-Tour series of drivers, fairway woods and wedges in early 06, probably March.

Included in this is the X460, which replaces the Big Bertha 454 Ti. You should see this thing, what a beauty. Headcover is just as spectacular. An all black paint scheme and zero offset (forsure this time!). This is going to be in alot of people's bags, i'll guarantee it.

X-Tour fairway woods are coming out with just insane reviews. Some guys even trading up their TM Fairways for them.

X-tour wedges have been in play for a while on tour. Guys like Leadbetter and the like have been using them at their schools for a while now, with great feedback. Expect these to rival Vokeys.

And....rumous run amuck of a full blown forged blade from Callaway, supposedly rivalling Hogan and Bridgstone (we'll see...)

Anyways, pics as they become available....stay tuned....

R35

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Mark is in the shop right now reshafting his x tour driver. I will see if I can get a pic before he leaves. Yes, he has a 3 wood also.

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
x tour driver.JPG
x tour driver (1).JPG
x tour driver (2).JPG
View attachment 1376
These are still in the prototype stage so they may change before going to market.
x tour driver.JPG
x tour driver (1).JPG
x tour driver (2).JPG

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That is so fat. F the Launcher, this is the real deal.

Post some pics of the wedges. Any of the fairway woods? So sweet.

Cheers OB,

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
So sweet.

This thread makes me wanna try for a new masterbation record.:D

R35

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
R37?
Lotions won't do for the skin burn. Maybe a new skin graft. :)
PS: I suggest sheep skin.

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
what the funk is up with that ridge in the sole? If that works, maybe I should patent slamming clubs into tee markers before anyone steals my ideas. Seriously tho, that clubs is fugly. I'll stick with my r5 for now

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
nsherman2006 said:
what the funk is up with that ridge in the sole? If that works, maybe I should patent slamming clubs into tee markers before anyone steals my ideas. Seriously tho, that clubs is fugly. I'll stick with my r5 for now

You, my friend, are a moron. Grade "A" moron. You're going to grow up to marry a carrot.

And your R5 sucks.

:D

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Callaway makes some of the gaudiest ugliest stuff I have ever seen YUCK! Just when I was starting to like their wedges, they go and Callowayize them.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Agreed, VT.

OB, is that the tour version or the retail version? It's not the one I've seen. Leadbetter is using a pair that look like the Forged +, but in a satin finish...and different logos.

Strange...

I'll see if I can't track down a pic...

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Apon further review, these are the same wedges. My apologies. Perhaps the lighting was different, as the logos didn't seem so "in your face".

Meh, if they work, I could care less what it looks like. Personally, I still like the Vintage series they had before the + series.

The driver just rules. I bet it's a friggin jackhammer.

R35

🔥 Latest posts