• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway fairways, driver and wedges for March 06

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Performance wise it is great. It has a very high pitch sound, we will be takeing care of that today.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
How so? Comparable to the FT-3? Or the Ping G2?

It was my impression that the sound was alot more dulled than some of those other drivers out there. And, it has no echo either.

Incorrect?

Thanks OB. If Mark hates it, i'll give it a good home. :D

R35

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
You would be 20th in line.
It has distance like the g2. It hits the ball lower than the ft-2 or ft-3.
It has a solid feel and with a little help it will be more quiet today.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
obagain said:
You would be 20th in line.
It has distance like the g2. It hits the ball lower than the ft-2 or ft-3.
It has a solid feel and with a little help it will be more quiet today.

Ya, but how many of them in front of me are Canadians? :D

R35

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
You got me there.
I do get tour equipment from time to time. If you are liiking for something LMK.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Will do.

I came this close to pulling the trigger on a Launcher Tour issue with a Mits Rombax shaft. Oh man.

But then the X460 came by my creeping eyes....

That will be the next driver in my bag.:)

R35

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Thanks for the info, folks.

Not so sure about the looks of that wedge - it looks rather cheap and tacky, don't y'all think ?!?

Looking forward to seeing them when they're out though...:)

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Andy_79 said:
Thanks for the info, folks.

Not so sure about the looks of that wedge - it looks rather cheap and tacky, don't y'all think ?!?

Looking forward to seeing them when they're out though...:)

Andy,

I feel the same way when I grab either a Hogan or a Vokey wegde. They just look piss poor to me. However, when you play them, they're sweet ass. My guess is the Cally will play the same way. Looks like hell, but feels like a dream.

Callaway has really stepped up to the plate in regards to having good looking equipment that performs in the last little while. When the fully forged cavity backs come out, that will really set the stage for them. Kudos to their R&D team for realizing that the last 5 sets of irons they made looked like dogshit, and the drivers did too to boot.

R35

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
Blech. Callaway's making progress with irons and taking steps backwards with everything else. X-tours are schweet, but their best looking driver was the GBB2 and i'll take Steelhead Plus FW's anyday. Vintage wedges were Class, and the Tour Blue putters are pure sexiness. Why do they have to introduce stuff like the FT-3, ERC Fusion, Xtour Wedges and I-Trax. That stuff is just fugly

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Well, if you think about it, the X-stuff will replace most of that that you listed. And I won't defend the Trax putters, those things sucked in terms of looks.

I'm not the hugest fan of all the crap on the back of the wedges, but from address, you'd never see it. So when it two hops the ball to a dead stop from 35 yards, it's hard not to smile even if you have grafitti on the back of your wedge....

I've never liked the Fusion. Sound, looks and feel aren't for me, and I love almost every Callaway wood out there.

I've come to the conclusion that every driver should be black.

R35

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
well those X-woods are fugly too. Callaway finally stepped up to the plate and put a hosel on some irons. Now maybe they can do it with a driver, and make their clubs more traditionally shaped, not a watermelon cut in half on a stick. Make the wedges go back to the Forged+, and make some real woods and just forget about the I-trax, they got a good playa's line

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Well....your R5 sucks. :D

I like the Cally line, and always have. Some people can't get beyond their looks, I just love the fact that the ball just goes long and straight. What more can you ask for?

To each their own, I guess.

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
LOL - Rock, you know how I feel about Callaway woods and irons. Steelhead plus is the only club I'd ever play - besides maybe a 2ball ;) from Callaway

TDuckro

Jan 7, 2006
Rockford35 said:
You, my friend, are a moron. Grade "A" moron. You're going to grow up to marry a carrot.

And your R5 sucks.

:D

R35

And i fully agree that X Tour is a work of art

🔥 Latest posts