• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway FT-3 vs FT-5

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
they both have the same weight though, so the weights prob not the issue with you ez, its prob what rock said, the closed clubface

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Ft-3 Tour had the highest ballspeeds of any driver for 2006.
R35

Yep for OEM that is. The GEEK failsafe actually tested higher than the FT-3. The DCT was nearly indentical to the FT-3. The BANG storm was also very high in ballspeed.
All of these clubs are excellent however. I believe the FT-3 is the best club callaway has ever made.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That's because your tempo is bad.... if you weren't trying to hit it to Alberta all the time ;)

No, I was trying to hit a draw. Couldn't do it. That shaft left the head way behind, lagging like a sumbizatch. Awful.

I love the NVS tho, which is very strange. Haven't hit the ProtoPype, nor the By you in any capacity, so I can't judge them.

In my opinion, there are plenty of shafts out there that aren't close to the money you'd pay for an NV new.

R35

Pullmeister

Dec 6, 2006
Yep for OEM that is. The GEEK failsafe actually tested higher than the FT-3. The DCT was nearly indentical to the FT-3. The BANG storm was also very high in ballspeed.
All of these clubs are excellent however. I believe the FT-3 is the best club callaway has ever made.

Hey Lyle are the Geek drivers USGA conforming?

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
In my opinion, there are plenty of shafts out there that aren't close to the money you'd pay for an NV new.

R35

I thought the NV was relatively standard in price and in comparison to the UST and grafalloy offerings?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It's about 20% more. Graf's run around 58 bucks now, V2's about the same. NV's are still ridiculous at 78 dollars. Which makes it unfortunate, as NVS's are also at the high end of that spectrum too.

R35

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
How about proto by you's at $75 ;)

You can get NV's, brand new on e-bay for less than $40.
Personally, I really like the NV line, especially the 75 and 85 grams versions.
I just pulled my MFS orange out of my 3 wood and replaced it with an NV85 because I wanted to get the ball flight up. The MFS is a super tip stiff low flight shaft. The NV in the 3 wood seems about perfect now.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That's a good price, Lyle.

I'm going by non-Ebay pricing, but if I was to buy one, it would likely be on E-bay.

What about Grafalloy, got any good deals on those? Red ProLaunch please. :)

R35

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I can only get dealer pricing on Aldila. Grafalloys reds are dirt cheap already.

Pullmeister

Dec 6, 2006
How about proto by you's at $75 ;)

You can get NV's, brand new on e-bay for less than $40.
Personally, I really like the NV line, especially the 75 and 85 grams versions.
I just pulled my MFS orange out of my 3 wood and replaced it with an NV85 because I wanted to get the ball flight up. The MFS is a super tip stiff low flight shaft. The NV in the 3 wood seems about perfect now.

You can get the Proto for $75:wow: thats an amazing price .That same shaft is $175 USD in the Golfsmith magazine.

🔥 Latest posts