• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway FT i

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Here are pics of the ugliest driver on the market.
Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 005.jpg
Picture 001.jpg
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 003.jpg
Picture 005.jpg

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Is it actually on the market? It's ugly...but if it works...

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Is it in your shop OB?? Have you hit a demo? One of the guys at Golfer's Whorehouse said it was like the thing squares itself at impact and the sweet spot is enormous. I'd imagine it has like zero workability.

OP
obagain

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
This one is here today but will be out again tonight.
It belongs to Mark Brooks. Don't be fooled, the guy at that shop has not hit it unless he has great connections.
Mark is on the callaway staff and just got this one friday. THere are only about 50 made right now so he would have to be in with callaway or know a touring pro to get to hit one.
I did not see much difference between this and the x series. The fact that he said it squared up by itself should give you pause, that is the propaganda callaway is spewing right now. It looks very clunky and will be very difficult to look at. Some will like it but I guess I am too old school and would have a hard time getting used to the look.

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
have read that the Nike SUMO squared is a better club, from someone who has hit both over at GolfWRX (Sandy)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
That ain't a golf club, it's a, a, a, ....... well I don't know what it is.

The USGA should be ashamed of themselves for allowing monstrosities like this to be used.

Bring back persimmon!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
This is what everyone ought to be swinging. If the USGA & R&A were serious about preserving older courses and the spirit of the game:
Louisville 1.JPG
Louisville 2.JPG

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
Ithink the SQ SUMO looks ten times worse than this. That monstrosity has 3 tiers on it

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Siberian,
You only want to go back to persimmon because you've bought them all up and none of us could find any!!! Nice looking clubs but I couldn't hit them back then and I bet I couldn't hit them now either. I like the "easier to hit stuff".:shark: (There's a guy here at work that has a bunch and won't play anything else. He even uses a persimmon putter).

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
WBL, these Louisville woods are easy to hit. They are just short. The 10* driver is good for 220-230, the 16* 3 wood about 200 and the 21* 5 wood for about 180.

Part of the distance shortage is the lofts. The other part is my swing. :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.