• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway: FT-IZ Driver vs. Diablo Edge Driver

Arkturus

Jun 6, 2010
Hello all ~ new to the boards here. I've been using a rusty TaylorMade for a long time and its time to upgrade... I want to go Callaway and I hit both drivers for only a short while when I had time so I didn't have enough time to make a final decision...

What is the true difference between these two? (performance wise) - any of you hit either or both? Feedback and details would be greatly appreciated.

I also hit an Adams Fast 10, 10.5 stiff driver... was a bit long tho...46+ inches.

So I'm narrowing it down to:

FT-IZ
Diablo Edge
Adams Fast 10

OP
A

Arkturus

Jun 6, 2010
/bump - Anyone, any advice??? Maybe I'm in the wrong forum..

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
My suggestion is to hit more drivers. Do it somewhere that has the equipment to tell you the results. Unless, better yet, you can get to a Demo Days and try everything you see. Then decide, unless you're in a hurry to spend your money.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I've never hit either one and have no desire to, hence the lack of replies. Most of the "differences in performance" between drivers are either total nonsense, or the shaft itself. Almost all of the elements of driver heads have reached their USGA allowed limit (several years ago).

So, if you pick any good, quality driver, and get fitted with the proper loft and shaft, you should play it as well as anything else.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
I played 18 holes with a demo before I bought, but as soon as the round was finished, I jumped on a Diablo Edge. I love this driver. Didn't try the FT so I can't make a comparison, but the Diablo is solid for me. It didn't hurt that they had the one I wanted in stock in the pro shop where I get an employee discount.

🔥 Latest posts