• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway FT-IZ

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I was given one of these for Fathers Day. Its a 10º, and has the Voodo stiff flex shaft in it. I love the looks and feel of this driver. Problem is that before receiving this gift my chemo had caused a nasty case of shingles. The shingles did some nerve damage to my 7th rib on my left side,(causing excruciating pain, especially making a full body turn). The doctors say it will pass in time and with medication. But at the moment I can't put anything close to a full swing on it and was wondering if anyone on here has one or has tried one. I'm curious as to what to expect, is it long, forgiving, or impossible to hit?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I haven't hit one, but you're welcome to send me yours and I'll report back...eventually.... ;)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Very forgiving and very long, considering it's head design. It's longer than the FT-i, but not as straight. That said, I'm comparing it to something like the FT-9 Tour or the FT tour, so take that with a grain of salt.

The best shaft I hit in that head was the Fubuki Tour or the Whiteboard 73X. Both are extremely stable and you can really go at it.

The VooDoo is dogshit for me, but with your lack of turn, it's soft flex might help out your ballflight and get it airborne a bit better. It's a super high launch shaft.

R35

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Well, I think it is one of the ugliest drivers ever, but I have hit the best drives with it. I do think it is as forgiving as no other, not as long but a very very good piece.

I have been thinking about getting one actually...

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Thanks for the info and the offer guys, :). I will admit the shape took some getting used to. During my time working in the golf department at Dick's Sporting Goods I'd walk by the rack with them numerous times a day and just shake my head. But after a while I got used to it and now I kinda like the fact its different looking. I'm definitely looking forward to the day, (soon I hope), I can make a full turn again and see exactly what its going to be like on the course. I hit it in the booth numerous times and liked how it performed according to the numbers, but I took those with a grain of salt as I didn't trust Dick's launch monitor as far as I could have thrown it.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Your Dick's has a launch monitor? All our's has is a room to hit the club.

They have two hitting rooms, and one monitor, but it stays torn up more than it works. And whenh it does wrok I am pretty sures not accurate. It's never been properly set up, per the directions, or by a company rep from Zelocity.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.