• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway FT9 Tour issued head ~ What shaft?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I treated myself to a Tour issue FT9 Tour head. The Diamana BlueBoard is a favorite shaft of mine but I'm looking for a lower launching shaft this time around. I wouldn't mind trying the WhiteBoard but they are expensive. What else is there at a fair price that launches a little lower than a BlueBoard?

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I treated myself to a Tour issue FT9 Tour head. The Diamana BlueBoard is a favorite shaft of mine but I'm looking for a lower launching shaft this time around. I wouldn't mind trying the WhiteBoard but they are expensive. What else is there at a fair price that launches a little lower than a BlueBoard?

I'm very... VERY jealous of you right now! I'd love to hit that club! I have fallen in love with the Motore F1... I've pretty much found the perfect shaft for me, love the ball flight I get from it!

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
That's a wonderful head you got mate!

I can think of the Prolaunch Red, which is the lowest flight I have hit, (and can be found in ebay for less than $20 used in case you don't like it) and maybe the VS Proto.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
It's a real nice head but I think I may have mislead you a little. It's not a Tour Issue FT9 TA (with hosel) it's a Tour Issue FT9 Tour head, looks the same as the retail FT9 Tour.

The Montore is a reasonable priced shaft, How does it play compared to a Blue or WhiteBoard?

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
The Motore is hella tip stiff.. It's low launch for sure, but I found it a bit lifeless.

Just get your whiteboard. I've seen some pulls generally going for around $100. ;)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have the Matrix F6M2 in mine and love it. If you want heavier, the F7M2 is a good choice as well. Thirdly, the WhiteBoard in 73X is a killer setup in that head too.

R35

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Just been looking for some decent mid price shafts and noticed the ProLaunch Platinum. Has anybody used this shaft, how does it play. From the description I read it sounds like what I'm looking for. It says it has an initial high launch that flattens out quickly for a penetrating, optinum spin ball flight. It also features the axis technology,,, I wondered why there were new versions of the PL Blue and Red but not Platinum.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I see you haven't changed much anyway, Paul lad ! lol.

How many feedback scores do you have on ebay now, fella ?

A.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Ohhhhhhhh, forgot those shafts.. Those a pretty hot ass shafts.. I wanna get me one to try in my R9.. Whichever one might be mid launch.

3Bogey

Jan 20, 2006
The closest to the Diamana white board from a frequency profile would be the Aldila NV, VS Proto by you, or the Wishon proflight EXP all within a few CPM's of each other throughout the entire shaft. Your cheapest bet would be the NV which can be had for around $40 buck on ebay and in my opinion still one of the greatest shafts for lower flight trajectorys around. Wishon's Proflight can be had for around the same cost and is also a great shaft and my personal preference.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
The closest to the Diamana white board from a frequency profile would be the Aldila NV

:biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol: :faintthud:

This is like comparing a Dodge Viper to a Miada. No way in hell do these shafts play ANYWHERE NEAR the same. Frequency numbers or not the Whiteboard is pure pleasure while hitting an NV brings about the same emotion as stepping in dog shit in your brand new shoes.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.