• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway Fusion prototype pics...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Callaway Golf Staff Pro Annika Sorenstam Wins by 10 Strokes at Chick-fil-A Charity Championship; Prototype Fusion Driver, HX Tour Golf Ball Keys to 60th Career Victory

CARLSBAD, Calif., May 16, 2005 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Callaway Golf (NYSE:ELY) Staff Professional Annika Sorenstam yesterday won her fourth tournament in five starts, dominating the field at the Chick-fil-A Charity Championship at the Eagles Landing Country Club in Atlanta with a 10-stroke victory. The spectacular win moved her into a tie for third place on the LPGA Career Victories list with Patty Berg at 60. Sorenstam posted all four tournament rounds in the 60s (67-64-67-67) to finish at 23-under-par 265 for a runaway victory that was her eighth in her last 11 outings.

As she has throughout the 12 years of her Hall of Fame career, Sorenstam used and endorsed Callaway Golf(R) equipment, which this week included a prototype 460cc Fusion(R) Driver, a Big Bertha(R) strong 4-wood, Big Bertha 7-wood, Callaway Golf X-18(TM) Irons, a HX(R) Tour Golf Ball, an Odyssey(R) White Hot(R) 2-Ball Blade Putter and Callaway Golf Footwear.

"Obviously, I'm very happy to finish it up the way I did," said Sorenstam. "I kept my distance and played very solid all day long. I finished the way I started, and to make this my 60th, it's a great Sunday. What else can I tell you? It's wonderful."

Sorenstam's brilliant performance began with 39 bogey-free holes and included 22 birdies and a pair of eagles against only three bogeys for the week. She averaged 290 yards off the tee to lead the field and played the par 5s at 15-under-par. Her 10-shot margin of victory is topped only by the 11-stroke win she recorded at the 2002 Kellogg-Keebler Classic.

After an opening round 67, Sorenstam took control with a 64 in the second round to build a six-shot lead. Her third-round 67 increased her lead to 10, matching the largest 54-hole lead of her career. Sorenstam never let up, birdieing the final hole Sunday and becoming the Chick-fil-A's first repeat winner. She has won 17 LPGA tournaments at least twice.

On the PGA European Tour, Staff Pro Thomas Bjorn used his Big Bertha Titanium 454 Driver and prototype HX Tour Golf Ball to win the The Daily Telegraph Dunlop Masters. Bjorn eagled the 17th hole of regulation play to finish at 4-under-par 68 and put himself in a three-man playoff. He won on the second extra hole, marking his eighth win on the PGA European Tour and his first since the 2002 BMW International.

On the Champions Tour, Callaway Golf Staff Professional Jim Thorpe won the Blue Angels Classic, his second straight victory using a prototype Fusion Driver, prototype HX Tour Golf Ball and Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Blade Putter. Thorpe won when he sank a five foot birdie putt on the third hole of a Monday playoff after firing rounds of 63, 64 and 67 to finish Sunday's round tied at 194, 16-under par. Thorpe led the field in birdies for the week with 20 and in putts per round, averaging just 26.
FT3.jpg
FT3_2.jpg

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
That is one SWEET!! looking driver...where can I get one and how much??

CKGuY914

simplicity vs complexity
Apr 8, 2005
I just noticed the non-bore through. Has the Fusion line of woods always been without bore through?

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
That one was specially made for Annika; she has a strict policy that no shaft will ever penetrate anything she's got.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
bdcrowe said:
That one was specially made for Annika; she has a strict policy that no shaft will ever penetrate anything she's got.

Yeah, I here she's saving herself for Rockford.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'd penetrate her. :idhitit:

The Fusion is not bore thru. However, the shaft does go in pretty deep.

R35

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
Wow this is the most non-intentionally dirty thread I have very read.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Rosmo said:

This could be the worst sentence I have ever read. :biglol:

R35

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Rosmo said:

Rock likes the lesbo's....we tried to talk him out of it but he won't hear of it.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Who wouldn't like lesbians? They like all the same stuff we do!

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hey, if that's how they keep it down there, i'm not one to complain.... :p

R35

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
The Ft series are not bore thru. The FT-2 sound dead, thus the pros are not happy with it.

I have hit 4 FT-3's and they are all completely different. They all were supposed to be the same set up but they were different shapes and sounds.
I can get you one but they are expensive.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
No thanks.

I'll wait til some sap gets one, hates it, and sells it for 50% of what he spent on it.

That's how I got almost every stick in my bag. :)

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.